Connectivity problems in Vista

Captain Scar

I'm sorry buut I'm having trouble connecting to networks.

When I try to connect to a network it loads and then says connection to network is taking longer than usual and then it says connection unsuccessful. Then when I look at it in the network connections window it says limited access. It does this for all routers. I have tried:

refreshing IP stack

troubleshooting

scanning for malware

restarting computer

Thanks for any help :)

Hmm. Have you port forwarded your router at all? Make sure your Antivirus isn't AVG or Norton either, they are infamous for blocking random programs for no reason (Try Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials especially if you're going to be using the Technic Pack).

Check the speed of your internet connection and see if your bandwidth is being used by another system or if your internet's speed is slow. If you have wireless internet especially, if you don't have any protection on your router someone else you don't know about could be using it (Especially if you live in a city or apartment complex).

In short,

• Port Forward your router for the programs you're trying to run
  • Check your AV (AVG and Norton will only cause you problems in the long run)
  • Check your internet speed and bandwidth, as well as usage.

In short,

• Port Forward your router for the programs you're trying to run
  • Check your AV (AVG and Norton will only cause you problems in the long run)
  • Check your internet speed and bandwidth, as well as usage.

First, I can't portforward because I'm afraid of what it does to routers and I dont OWN the router

Second, My AV is fine

Third, my internet is incredible and is not slow and worked fine 4 days ago

And last, I manually shut down my computer twice right before this started

P.S It's for all routers

are we talking wifi networks? from your description I assume so. can you give us some details about these networks? are they using any kind of WEP or WPA encryption? are they 802.11b? g? n? is your wifi card 802.11b? g? n? have you googled it?

First, I can't portforward because I'm afraid of what it does to routers and I dont OWN the router

Second, My AV is fine

Third, my internet is incredible and is not slow and worked fine 4 days ago

And last, I manually shut down my computer twice right before this started

P.S It's for all routers

I don't... I just...

Why is your AV fine? What is your AV? I need more information.

Are you using a laptop or desktop? I'm assuming laptop if you have access to multiple networks. Either way, does anyone have access to it other than you? (ie. A parent/company/school that 'owns' the laptop and may restrict certain things such as internet access and usage)

I'm using a laptop and only I have access to it and my AV is avast. I dont know about my network card or any of that though, I guess I'll just google it. the encryption on my network is WEP and the other one is WPA2. I'm currently using a different computer because I cantuse any internet and I cant find any manual ways to check my wifi card.

Do you know the WEP/WPA2 wifi password? If not then that may be why you have no internet access. Especially if you don't 'own' it (If you're using a neighbor's wifi they may have done this on purpose), you might not have access to the password which means you can't connect.

If you can get the password, you can connect.

I fixed my problem I just took it to a computer store. By the way all of you who said things about the password after I told you had the correct one, go take an eye test.

So friendly after several people took time out of their days just to help him for free!

Don't you just love a, "Hey you tried to help me, fuck you," from someone?