DANGER: dear to technich team plugin develop and server owner

SkyIT

Tonight some player have destroy all building on my map/server

they have bypass Logblock Worldguard Towny Lwc and permissionEX

all chest houses cities and protected zone have been destroied.

Any name is logged ....

I invite all plugin developements and technich team to fix all issue.

contact me if you wanna have nay further details ....

Good bye

Tonight some player have destroy all building on my map/server

they have bypass Logblock Worldguard Towny Lwc and permissionEX

all chest houses cities and protected zone have been destroied.

The name logged are Waterflow Lavaflow but are not cleared identity.

I invite all plugin developements and technich team to fix all issue.

contact me if you wanna have nay further details ....

Good bye

the server was running all lastest plugin and tekkit build 3.1.2

Zealdd is correct. You're barking up the wrong tree. Technic is only responsible for providing the modpack. It is up to the server owner in question to provide safeguards against griefing, but even then you'll find that, other than not letting anyone play on your server, there is no way to prevent griefing 100%.

Zealdd is correct. You're barking up the wrong tree. Technic is only responsible for providing the modpack. It is up to the server owner in question to provide safeguards against griefing, but even then you'll find that, other than not letting anyone play on your server, there is no way to prevent griefing 100%.

Well... you could play on the server by yourself xD

Mods don't integrate with Bukkit's API well, so they can bypass some plugins easily.

Best bet is a plugin that lets you revert selections to backups. I use Swatchdog which lets me revert an area to how it was 5 minutes ago, or 5 hours or whatever ago. It doesn't seem to work always though, especially against destruction catalysts and such. (WorldEdit is good for this too but a bit more frustrating to set up and maintain)

I do not and never will have EE on my server. And my server is a friends only setup. I just think EE is to easy and to powerful and doesn't really fit the Machine/technology aspect of what I am looking for. And the potential for disaster is just to high.

I do not and never will have EE on my server. And my server is a friends only setup. I just think EE is to easy and to powerful and doesn't really fit the Machine/technology aspect of what I am looking for. And the potential for disaster is just to high.

Amen.

Most of the mods in Tekkit work just fine. I say most because there are some that have pretty catastrophic capabilities, such as the nukes in IC2, EE, and buildcraft just to name three of the more sought out mods people like.

There -are- safeguards. But you, the server owner, are responsible for putting them in place -and- having a capable staff on the ready to use those measures when griefing occurs, and it will occur.

Tekkit itself works fine. That being said, if you want your server to last, you'll need to go in and make hard decisions. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, disabling everything EE is a popular option. You'll also want to go in and modify/remove components of IC2 as things such as nuclear meltdowns, nukes themselves, and the varieties of TNT all need to be either have their damage modified, or disabled.

Mind you, I don't run a server but I do play on one that, as far as I can tell, has probably the -best- grief prevention and response I have ever witnessed. I've tried a great deal of servers and I never last on them because I always seem to get there after some major grief and the server owners have no idea how to handle it; however, SGTekkit seems to really have their shit together.

Waterflow and Lavaflow are used internally in several plugins to identify and track lava and water flowing naturally.

I wonder if this had any impact on bypassing safeguards on servers that allow natural water/lava flow in protected areas?

As stated here, Tekkit is as safe as you make it. Tekkit itselfe has "no exploits" where people can be able to bypass anything "normal Tekkit" cant do. Most commong bypasses is in regards of landmanagement: Miningturtles, OP`ed RedPower and BuildCraft, EE tools with AOE (area of effect) damage.

In regards of EE, we have filed a "ticket" at the modporter with some direct fixes to almost all of the bypassing and bugs. Hopefully he will pick them up, and make another rev of the current EE build for 1.2.5 that will work with Tekkit. We have also done the same in regards of IC2 and the MFFS mod. They wont need to "work and sort the issue", we allready have created the code for them, all they really needs to do is to add it to theyre port and most bypasses is gone.

Also most plugins are starting to work with protectionfixes for mods, like the latest LWC build from Hidendra (it really stops woodenpipebypass). Ive also seen Towny start to add code that relates to some of the mods in Tekkit, so i guess more and more plugindevs will start to do the same. And with support i dont mean the "add blockID into a configfile", im refering to real Tekkitsupport.