Looking for RP server

Joe3000

I thought it would be a cool idea to have a server that is Wizards vs Scientists, where the wizard factions can only use EE and the scientists can only use BC and IC and there is only pvp between the two factions (maybe each faction can have like an arena where there is pvp so people can see how strong they are or something like that)

As a pvp game, if there is any kind of time limit, "wizards" will win. Every.frakkin.time.

Because the only thing BC/IC have is nukes and quantum armor, both taking a lot of time to get, while EE has awesome PVP stuff from maybe one day in. And personally I think EE still outnukes the nuke, the only thing that's really at any level equal is quantum vs. gem - quantum making you nearly completely invincible while gem making you decently invincible but at the same time able to fly, shoot lightning, blow up the world etc etc.

For PVP, I think there's simply no contest.

EE2 works fine when you run it by itself, and many people enjoy it. I don't think EE2's developer developed it to be a part of a certain modpack and balancing it to that modpack. I've heard it been said though, that EE3 is going to be more magic and less numbers. Just a rumour though.

EE2 works fine when you run it by itself, and many people enjoy it. I don't think EE2's developer developed it to be a part of a certain modpack and balancing it to that modpack. I've heard it been said though, that EE3 is going to be more magic and less numbers. Just a rumour though.

WHat do you mean by that?

WHat do you mean by that?

What is unclear? The "balance" in question is in regards to other mods - because compared to vanilla, all major tekkit mods are "unbalanced". If you're not using other mods, there are few "balance" issues in EE - and that's probably the environment the developer had when ze made EE.

However, I've heard saying that the developer wants to give EE3 a more magic feeling because right now, it doesn't feel as much magic as it feels like just a new kind of machines. Compare to Thaumcraft which has crucibles that you need to fill, magic items that are researched in a library amongst brains floating in jars, studying of old relics and so on - it clearly feels more magic, at least to me. I think that is the direction the developer wants to go now.

What is unclear? The "balance" in question is in regards to other mods - because compared to vanilla, all major tekkit mods are "unbalanced". If you're not using other mods, there are few "balance" issues in EE - and that's probably the environment the developer had when ze made EE.

However, I've heard saying that the developer wants to give EE3 a more magic feeling because right now, it doesn't feel as much magic as it feels like just a new kind of machines. Compare to Thaumcraft which has crucibles that you need to fill, magic items that are researched in a library amongst brains floating in jars, studying of old relics and so on - it clearly feels more magic, at least to me. I think that is the direction the developer wants to go now.

That's weird, I've heard the exact opposite. It seemed he was working on an almost complete rewrite of the core mechanics of the mod. Covalence dust is supposed to play a central role, in that you need to break down materials into their core components, and then reconstitute those components into other materials. Pahimar is trying to give it a more alchemist and less magic feel. The philosophers stone is also being redone. You will likely have to sacrifice souls in order to coalesce a stone much like Full Metal Alchemist. The most promising aspect though, is that the source code for EE3 will be released and open source. The mod creator wants to help others learn to create mods the best way he knows how, by studying other people code.

I personally like the idea of it being more alchemy than magic. After all alchemy was, at one point, a legitimate science.

It still is. It's called subatomic chemistry. Granted, the details are fuzzy, but elemental transmutation may be an achievable goal at some point in the (possibly very distant) future.

Warpspeed: Yeah, that might very well be true! I've only heard things in passing. Still, for me, alchemy and magic feels quite close to each other so alchemy/magic stood against technological in my comparision, not against each other :)

Still, I think EE3 is going to be nice. Looking forward to it.

I feel like the maker of EE should give certain chemical values to objects in minecraft and then taking those values can create "like" objects instead of taking this number value and just making this+ this = that. The OP would be gone and Transmuting items would be a tad bit more realistic.

Edit: and when i said what do you mean by that i just wanted a bit more explanation than magic.

One day of play time (Time spent playing on MC during an average day) I can get near invincible armor & infinite op tools & also have a tool that can power mine like no one's buisness. Not to mention I can get a chest that will make whatever I want & all I have to do is put crap in it.

One day of play time with IC2 and/or BC I'm lucky to make uncharged nano armor let alone charging it, same with the saber. My op mining tool would take an hour to mine to bedrock without any changes to it's mining area.

On a server you simply can't withstand EE2's draw. It's like having a house on the server that allows OP but the commands are slow.

One day of play time with IC2 and/or BC I'm lucky to make uncharged nano armor let alone charging it, same with the saber.

You're doing it wrong. A dozen diamonds takes a couple hours to find/make, and geothermal's more than enough to get that MFE charged to be able to charge your nano armor and saber.

Can we not make this another EE debate thread? There are enough of those already.

You're doing it wrong. A dozen diamonds takes a couple hours to find/make, and geothermal's more than enough to get that MFE charged to be able to charge your nano armor and saber.

Can we not make this another EE debate thread? There are enough of those already.

Didn't think of Geothermal, you're a smart man we need more of you in this buisness.

EE3 is also trying to deal with it's OWN balance, as well as it's balance with other mods. Lets be honest, it's got a rapid exponential curve, and was never designed for a miltplayer enviroment which actualy reduces the enjoyment of meny of the items in it.

EE3 is also about making each item ahve it's wow factor, rather then just being a stepping stone. I mean the stone itself is an AMAZING item (convert types of blocks and mobs) but it's usualy just a stepping stone on the way to the condensor and table because it doesn;t feel difficult to get,

The lesser stone idea and redwater looks /so cool/ though. Can't wat for EE3.

As for current science vs tech.... it's a nice idea, but the current modset doesn't lend itself well to it. frankly, Soon as someone gets forcefeilds and nukes it is over. The server that is. No one wants to play when all their stuff is being /that/ basly trashed.