RAM won't increase

Question

*Update*

Managed to cheese my way onto a website to download 64x java

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

for people also having this trouble

So I recently downloaded the launcher to play captainsparklez mods at it seemed like a cool set of modas, downloaded it and lo and behold I can't use it because it needs more ram, so I go to add to it and it won't go past 1gb, so I went and re-installed java, I have a 64X bit os and the checker showed it as the updated version. I re-started my pc and it still doesn't let me go past 1gb. It may be java but I'm not sure how to make sure it downloads 64x as I only get one download page and there is no option to change it in the installer.

the cmd when I do java -version is

java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode, sharing)

Edited by NotCallum

2 answers to this question

Download manually java x64 offline if you're on windows.

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

restart pc, run the launcher again, check settings.

If that doesn't help try to run any pack, close it and then copy the contents of the latest log from .technic/logs and paste it to http://paste.ubuntu.com

post the link in here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bumblebray1
      When i try to load a pack a white bar pops up saying "You've selected Java 11.0.9.1, which is know to have issues with Minecraft, are you sure you want to contiune?" and when i click yes, technic closes then opens again. I understand that i need to install a different version of java but when i go into the settings for the java version on technic it opens a file, am i supposes to put the new java version there? It should be noted that im playing with linux on a chromebook. 
    • By Conex_0
      I'm tired and frustrated with this launcher. First it wouldn't even launch properly and I had to fix that, then it won't even detect 64 bit. I litteraly reinstalled the launcher and java multiple times, I even installed java online and offline, offline first, then when the launcher was open java online, and selected java online, and it still said it already had that in the launcher settings, still 32-bit. I just want to play a modpack with my friends on their server.
    • By FokinLaserSights
      Ok so i got 16gb of ram. I set the launchers ram limit to 8gb. When i start the game the ram usage (as the task manager shows) is 2-3gb. After time it just gets higher and higher that the ram usage gets to like 12gb. And that causes discord to stop itself just to get more memory for the game
      And so i dont get why this happens
    • By Superskillz69
      I've played tekkit for a couple thousand hours now and never once encountered the battle I'm going through now. I haven't played in about 6 months or so.
      Some things to note:
      - I have both java 32 bit and 64 bit  runtime environments and I have experimented with a variety of different versions (many recommended on this forum)
      -I have 16Gb of RAM, a dedicated GPU and my nVidia driver is up to date. I have also rolled back to previous versions and encountered the same issues.
      -With any 64 bit java installed on the PC, Technic Launcher will not launch.
      -When I uninstall 64 bit java, launcher starts (in 32 bit) but obviously ram cannot be changed etc... However whilst running, I can install 64 bit java and then change ram settings.
      -Packs will download in this case however will not launch even when RAM is set below 6GB. I get a little java pop-up window saying "Hello".
      -https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5MGrYNsP44/

Please please please provide any assistance as I'm not ready to give up just yet!
    • By CyberNinja98
      So I have the launcher options set so it can use 6GB-s of ram but whenever I try to play it caps out at 455MBs. I need some technical help with this