Good Donator Plugins

ZOMGForgotFace

I gotta say, there is a gap for "subscription" based supporter plugins.

I am working on one that utilizes Permissions Ex to give the user a group for a certain amount of time when they purchase a 'subscription' through paypal.

Also I always get the feeling that buycraft are only in it for themselves.

I wouldn't go as far as giving out red matter and end-game items out for free. I'd stick to simple, but fun plugins like hats. You could also work with the plugins you have and give them a few other bonuses, maybe an extra home or the ability to use new classes in MobArea, or PvP arena. These are just examples, obviously it varies depending on what plugins you use.

I gotta say, there is a gap for "subscription" based supporter plugins.

I am working on one that utilizes Permissions Ex to give the user a group for a certain amount of time when they purchase a 'subscription' through paypal.

Also I always get the feeling that buycraft are only in it for themselves.

Buycraft supports time-based perks. When the perk drops after their month of having it, it's up to them to renew it. I personally would never suggest or encourage my players to start paypal subscription payments to my server. If they want to, that's fine, but it feels too much like I'm requiring them to pay to be on my server.

I wouldn't go as far as giving out red matter and end-game items out for free.

I agree with this as well. My personal opinion is to not have my donors getting anything that's hugely game-breaking or not obtainable by those that can't pay, but are a great addition to our commuity.

Holy hell...who in their right mind would even think that was a good idea?

45% of Vanilla servers think it's perfectly reasonable to OP and give diamonds to donators.

It's funny, because some even make you admin.

So for a one time payment, you can gain access to the console, then access to the server itself, then access to the hosting company, then access to payment details, then you are able to siphon off cash to yourself without anyone any the wiser.

Happens all the time.

Hah! Guess I've been sheltered running my server since alpha I guess. In my mind that would never, ever be a good idea. No wonder people would login even when we were having issues and say we were much more stable than most others. I was confused because I was frustrated and working issues. I only joined like 2 other servers since I stated my Vanilla and it was chaos. No wonder 100's of servers come and go daily.