mod_IC2AdvancedMachines : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

havocx42

Question

It looks like the Tekkit 2.1 server is currently not compatible with the recommended version of java and requires Java 1.7

Update to Java 1.7 to fix this problem. Hopefully.

Java 1.7 can be found here. I'm not providing support for installing Java. I'm afraid you will have to figure that bit out yourself.

Also please ensure that if you have a 64bit OS you are using the 64 bit version of java.

Thanks to tradari for pointing this out.

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The thing is, what if you have a mac, and you cant manually update it to java 1.7 because of the stupid software update which only does the rec build of java?

Rant: Why release something based on a dev build of Java?

NFO Servers will not install a non recommended Version of Java.

Question: How hard is this to fix to be backward compatible?

Rant: Why release something based on a dev build of Java?

NFO Servers will not install a non recommended Version of Java.

Question: How hard is this to fix to be backward compatible?

I don't think you realize just how much the Java runtime has advanced (in function and in featureset) just in the 6 to 7 transition. Trying to make all this stuff work with 6 would actually require a minor lobotomy. This is the only viable option.

I don't think you realize just how much the Java runtime has advanced (in function and in featureset) just in the 6 to 7 transition. Trying to make all this stuff work with 6 would actually require a minor lobotomy. This is the only viable option.

I very much doubt that IC2 makes major use of the new functionality. If it was a new project only ever written in Java 7 then it might rely on it a bit more but I expect if someone went to the trouble of compiling against java 6 it would not take long to fix any issues.

If You Didn't know There's A simpler way. I just messed with the bat file. This works for me.

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui.

I lIke RandoM caPital Letters tOo!

I don't know what you fixed on your system but it's not what we are talking about here. There may be another cause for ths same error message but the only time I have seen it, on Tekkit and elsewhere, is when trying to run a program that requires Java 7 with an older version.

I'm glad that worked for you but considering all you changed was the memory allocation I expect you solved a different error.

I have done all that is suggested here; I have changed my Java PATH, I have uninstalled and reinstalled every version of Java known to man. and im pretty sure that this site is pretty trustworthy: http://javatester.org/version.html

Here is my result: http://gyazo.com/ba6ef008bceb6d68d59537ea382a7e90.png?1332536898

Any other suggestions?

I just tried something for giggles. I think AtomicStryker has patched it a few times since the release of tekkit 2.1 (dnt quote me on that tho) any ways i tried removing adv machines and installing a fresh copy from the craftbukkit folder in http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12798730/AdvancedMachines%203.6.zip it worked for me give it a shot hopefully it helps you

Ok, so in order to try that idea

I would need to also rename this modified craftbuckit version to "[2]AdvancedMachines_3.6_bukkit.zip" so the file name also matches?

I don't how tekkit is coded.

sorry aint been on in awhile actualy no you dont that just effects the order that the mods are loaded in you just toss it in there the way it is and it should work fine

Ok, so. I just come back after what seems like a lifetime of shit -_-.... Anyways I completely reinstalled windows to try to get this to work. Basically the problem is, when I install Java7, My technic client shits the bed. It cannot connect to any network so the launcher thinks i'm offline. The server seems to mostly work but i cant get a client up. So if i remove java7 and go back to 6, then it will work again. but then i can't run a server anymore. I know it's been mentioned to mess with the java setting but all you can do there is turn off an entire version, that doesn't let you specify specifically what program uses what java version.

I also tried making a .bat file to launch technic-launcher.jar but I don't really know how to write the batch file properly and I'm just getting crazy errors about not finding class and stuff like that. BTW java7 seems to break all my minecraft installs. Even the basic launcher with vanilla can't get online anymore... So pissed >_<

I have no idea why java 7 would be behaving so badly for you. The easiest way to solve this would be to have your client using java 6 and your server using java 7. To do this, install both versions and make sure java 6 is the default.

then in the launch.bat replace :

java -Xmx1G -Xms512M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

with

<path to java7>\bin\java -Xmx1G -Xms512M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

So something like

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java -Xmx1G -Xms512M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

Awsome that's exactly what i need. Now, how exctly do i make java 6 the default? under user it lists both 6 and 7 but under system it only lists 7... also.. i'm not sure but i think even the server itself can't connect to online with java7. right now i'm just using the server without advanced machines and it works fine with java6

Just wanted to add that this fixed it for me (at the cost of disabling IC2 Advanced Machines)

In your server's folder, go into /config/ and open ModLoader.cfg

Change

mod_IC2AdvancedMachines=on

to

mod_IC2AdvancedMachines=off

Then see if she'll load up. :) Hope this helps!

I just tried something for giggles. I think AtomicStryker has patched it a few times since the release of tekkit 2.1 (dnt quote me on that tho) any ways i tried removing adv machines and installing a fresh copy from the craftbukkit folder in http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12798730/AdvancedMachines%203.6.zip it worked for me give it a shot hopefully it helps you

Okay, so this worked, and allowed me to get the server running. But Advanced Machines still doesn't actually work. They show up in NEI, but trying to use that to get them brings up the message "no such item exists". Trying to craft them makes them show up for a second, then disappear. And, before you ask, yes, I'm running Java 7. Considering the hell I went through getting that to work, I'm certain I am. Anyone got any ideas?

I know this might seem a bit hard headed but if you wont miss the mod i found that you can remove advanced machines completely and it will run fine

ok i havent updated this post in forever but it seemed i was WAYYYYYYYYYYY off when i posted that solution i realised later that i was just disabling advanced machines because that was actualy the wrong version. Anyways what i found to be the real problem and solution was that even though i knew i had java 7 the server wasnt calling java 7 it was still trying to call java 6 even after editing system variables and removeing java 6. so the way i fixed was editing the startup.bat and calling java 7 manualy.

@ECHO OFF

SET BINDIR=%~dp0

CD /D "%BINDIR%"

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar Tekkit.jar

PAUSE

I have a mac server and also encountered the same problem. However I solved it by updating the AdvancedMachines mod from 4.0 to 4.1(Server and Client side) and disabling the NetherOres mod. (And of course updating to Java 1.7) And now it works like a charm! Well... Most of the time......(stupid teleport pipe crashes)