EMC values for processed industrialcraft items

I'm currently working on a config for adding all the EMC values myself. I have added some things that will be very bad for a public server (i allowed ore transmutation, for instance) and it is not a complete list, but it is a lot of things that people have been begging for (gears and solar arrays (and the things to make them) for instance), so: go through and change what you want, values were rounded up or down depending on my personal balance (.25 extra emc doesnt matter when you can make machines that can double your emc every 5 seconds)

for tekkit: install the bukkit port of customEMC on your server: http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=3491.0

(client-side prediction may mess up, so it may look like you dont put it into slots, and the tooltip wont say an emc, but the item will be there server-side, and the glitched "duplicated" stack will disappear if they try to pick it up, so it's just very glitchy if the clients don't also add the custom emc mod)

then inside the config folder, put this customemc.cfg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/88mlnigqeyucqwx/CustomEMC.cfg

this is a link to my server's customemc config. go ahead and request any emc values you want added, and I'll try to add them. as for panels: f- you. 27,000 blocks? nope, i'm not doing that mod.

the clients will also need this config if they want the prediction to work properly (stop condensers from flashing, false duplication, shift-click won't work, etc)

PS: this config does include all the dusts, some of the machines, all the IC solar arrays (and the items to craft them) it doesn't have the macerators and such, but it does have the circuts and machine blocks

PPS: i swear a lot while coding, and there are some purposeful mis-spellings and inside jokes (blue sh- or le pee= lapis lazuli, yeller, etc...)

• 1 month later...

I'm currently working on a config for adding all the EMC values myself...

I've been using this list as a basis for my own list for an offline Technic install (thanks for the starting point!), and I've only just noticed today that the EMC value for your mixed metal ingots / advanced alloy seems way off. My own calculations made it 1151, but you have yours listed as 8845, which probably throws out some other items in turn that require them. Any reason for this, a tekkit difference, or just a miscalculation?

Thanks again for your hard work!

Um, or just make a creative server already...

If you're gonna make all processed items and machines condensable, then you are already playing full creative mode. So why make yourself jump through the dumb hoops of setting up collectors and condensers and sifting through transmutation GUIs, when you can just let all your players get stuff with a click through NEI? Would be much more convenient, and would let your players focus their time on actual creative building, which is obviously what you want.

I've been using this list as a basis for my own list for an offline Technic install (thanks for the starting point!), and I've only just noticed today that the EMC value for your mixed metal ingots / advanced alloy seems way off. My own calculations made it 1151, but you have yours listed as 8845, which probably throws out some other items in turn that require them. Any reason for this, a tekkit difference, or just a miscalculation?

Thanks again for your hard work!

wow, I'm sorry, thanks for catching this, i guess i just messed up with a value somewhere. your value is more correct, thank you for pointing out this flaw, tell me if you find more. (fine copper/iron wire values were WAY too high, i thought the drawplate was consumed, so everything that used those were WAY too high. potions also were calculated as if you only brewed one at a time. thanks for your help, i never would have noticed that XD now i get to go back and fix everything that used those as well 0.0| thanks again!

LATAH: wow, i really wish i could use the mod add-emc style where you add up the item's values, so you change one and everything changes... it's AMAZING how many items use advanced alloy, then some of those things go into FURTHER items, and so on and so forth, this is really a pain.

Um, or just make a creative server already...

If you're gonna make all processed items and machines condensable, then you are already playing full creative mode. So why make yourself jump through the dumb hoops of setting up collectors and condensers and sifting through transmutation GUIs, when you can just let all your players get stuff with a click through NEI? Would be much more convenient, and would let your players focus their time on actual creative building, which is obviously what you want.

a lot of people have that view, i do not. for one: you have to make at least 1 of everything manually, and i mostly use it for massive recipes that take 3 hours to get done making one (like HV solar arrays). But the point is: this is what we want, so let us set up our install, and you can keep your vanilla, nobody is forcing you to use these values

a lot of people have that view, i do not. for one: you have to make at least 1 of everything manually, and i mostly use it for massive recipes that take 3 hours to get done making one (like HV solar arrays).

Except it wouldn't take anywhere close to 3 hours to make your first HV solar, because once you make a single solar panel, you can condense 7 more, then you can condense 7 LVs, then condense 7 MVs... so you only actually need to get like 1% of the resources and do 1% of the crafting that you normally would. More like a few minutes.

Also, you wouldn't even need to do THAT, because once you get two full klein star omegas, you can just make an alchemical tome and not craft anything at all - just transmute red matter into one of everything.

I could easily have one of every single item in the game in less than one RL day from the moment such a server began running. No problem.

But the point is: this is what we want, so let us set up our install, and you can keep your vanilla, nobody is forcing you to use these values

Also, I don't think you read my post very carefully. I never said that you were dirty cheaters or that this made the game too easy or that vanilla was good. If you'll notice, I actually said the exact OPPOSITE: I said that you should embrace your desire to have items immediately at your fingertips (which is what this would be), and simply make NEI available to your players.

That would be a much more convenient and more creatively fulfilling way that would cut out the pointless busywork of picking up items from a chest and throwing them in a condenser.

You seem to think I was being sarcastic or something. No, I literally am suggesting to make a creative NEI server. I would love if there were some of those done well, and would play on them all the time.

snipped

the 3 hr time was for making it normally. and: the point is: the crafting table MKIII was removed, and i didn't want to deal with those tedious recipes, so i made them have EMC values, so instead of transmuting all the little parts i could just transmute everything all together at once. also: creative is TOO easy, there's no buildup, no "i did this" feeling, no "i collected the stuff to make this one thing that cost me thousands of diamonds" revealation, just "i want this item" boom, okay, what now. i find that creative ruins the feeling of starting in poverty with one solar panel, then building up until you have a roof of them, then you upgrade, picking up speed, getting more and more power until you are unstoppable. that is fun for me. although, yes, i could do that in about a day if i so desired, but i choose to take it slow, and try a dabble of everything so i can truly see the mod. but i can't spend my time in BC all the time because of those long, tedious recipes. even when i have the stuff to make diamond gears, i dread making them because they take so long. that's when i use EMC values. i could have just transmuted the raw materials and done all the crafting, but why? when i can cut out the middleman so to speak.

i could have just transmuted the raw materials and done all the crafting, but why? when i can cut out the middleman so to speak.

Doesn't the same logic apply to gathering materials? How is clicking on a wall with a pick any less tedious than clicking on boxes in a crafting table GUI?

"i want this item" boom, okay, what now.

...you build awesome stuff with the items?

Doesn't the same logic apply to gathering materials? How is clicking on a wall with a pick any less tedious than clicking on boxes in a crafting table GUI?

The difference is the experience. There is an appeal to a certain amount of limitation, as well as a certain amount of tedium. OP is trying to strike what they perceive as the ideal balance of tedium and expedience.

The difference is the experience. There is an appeal to a certain amount of limitation, as well as a certain amount of tedium. OP is trying to strike what they perceive as the ideal balance of tedium and expedience.

pretty much. there's no way to get away from mining (actually, many ways, but also mining with nothing but a pick [that can destroy the world...] is still exhilarating, still having to fight for your resources.) And you learn the recipe for the item, then: have fun making it en masse. project tables are good, yes. but having a wall dedicated to common recipes got annoying (and i lost so many resources to not finding the table they're in)

...you build awesome stuff with the items?

part 1: true, but i refer to my previous statement. it's a core gameplay element. true, i could never leave my house again, and have fun that way, but mining is still kinda fun, fighting off the monsters like they're trying to stop the king. It's fun to me, and you have to have a bit of imagination to keep the game fresh.

Part 2: okay, now you have a castle with everything you could desire. what do you do next? go mining? why? you can click a button and have an infinite stack. Make more stuff? okay, how long is that going to last you before you get sick and tired of building giant structures or houses filled with auto-processing machines? There's a balance that i like where i can be wealthy enough to have anything, but still feel a pull, knowing i have finite resources, and eventually, i'll be poor again. and it's fun seeing how fast i can run down a normal double chest of klein star omegas (quite fast when making a RM furnace castle) then working hard to earn all that power back.

My point is: unless you're using flowers and such to make redmatter, there's still resource gathering to be done, and there's that feeling that you are actually making yourself poorer, you just have access to any materials you need, so long as you can target them (alch. tome is great, but generally, you need to get right on the EMC to have a chance of finding the item. but especially in tekkit: there are like 50 things with EMC 1, so you have to still have one lying around to target, so you can't just store it all into red matter

Part 2: okay, now you have a castle with everything you could desire. what do you do next? go mining?

I dunno, I've never gotten to that part where I had everything I desired, so I couldn't tell you.

The beauty of a full creative mode is that the possibilities unroll in front of your eyes once you have the tools you need (but might not have ever known you needed), and you never really DO run out of things to build.

After I make a castle, I make a ship

Q8cTyl.jpg

Then a tropical desert fortress

gAFBWl.jpg

Then a mystical mushroom waterfall city

MxaGJl.jpg

Then an African savannah

RoKEwl.jpg

I'll stop picking on you in particular, since you do indeed sound like you know exactly what you want, but it is still the case that SOMEBODY or multiple people, need to make a properly done full tekkit creative server. Being able to make things similar to those above, but with ships that move, and bridges that raise, and lakes that dry up, and force fielded research labs underneath, and canning factories for the salmon that jump up the waterfall, and working hot air balloons that give you tours, etc. etc. would be EPIC.

Was just sort of hoping to maybe have found a willing partner to try and overcome some of the hurdles, mostly.

*Amazing builds*

Sure, don't get me wrong, it's not that i hate creative mode, it's great for sketching ideas out, and building massive facilities, but i like seeing my house go from a hole in the ground to a castle, and knowing i made everything there by hand. It's just that much more impressive to build those creations in survival, rather than creative.

Unfortunately, tekkit is a rather small community, so servers are fewer, and thus, the deviants (like creative) are VERY rare. then good luck finding the ones that are well-organized.

Unfortunately, i choose not to indulge in this, and so probably won't be establishing any creative mode servers any time soon.

Really pointless to add something like this, the entire purpose of tekkit is to make factories and other automatic equipment by combining mods with the material processing and the mods with the transport pipes together, EE is just really nice to get raw materials from (And that is kind of the point of it, also to have cool rings also), because you cant really build much without turning all that cobblestone into a few diamonds or iron, but to be able to condense ready made machines takes the entire purpose of the mods like buildcraft and redpower tubes.

Edit: I would like the idea of being able to have addons to technic and tekkit for little things like this, some sort of api could exist for IC2, and other mod addons so you simply click it and it would download the addon, that way all players could be happy. But i like the satisfaction of having a big factory and seeing the materials fly around in tubes

Really pointless to add something like this, the entire purpose of tekkit is to make factories and other automatic equipment by combining mods with the material processing and the mods with the transport pipes together, EE is just really nice to get raw materials from (And that is kind of the point of it, also to have cool rings also), because you cant really build much without turning all that cobblestone into a few diamonds or iron, but to be able to condense ready made machines takes the entire purpose of the mods like buildcraft and redpower tubes.

Edit: I would like the idea of being able to have addons to technic and tekkit for little things like this, some sort of api could exist for IC2, and other mod addons so you simply click it and it would download the addon, that way all players could be happy. But i like the satisfaction of having a big factory and seeing the materials fly around in tubes

That's your opinion and you're welcome to have it. I quite like the machines as well, and in some cases there are no replacements. Also: making machines that merge seamlessly between mods is what i like to do.

There is a massive modding API for some of the mods, the problem is: conflicts between server and client make it hard to make everything work properly.

I have a question inside the topic, is it possible to change EMC values for some other stuff like lava cells and so ?

yes, simply use the customEMC mod, and define a new EMC. customEMC is loaded last,so it overwrites all other values. unfortunately: setting it to 0 does not remove its EMC. Also: clients will still see the orig. EMC, but machines will use the server's EMC, it will just look a bit buggy on the client's end.

Halt! Cease and desist! Next person to say "hurf durf creative hurf durf" or "lol thats not technic" will be dealt with harshly.

hurf durf creative hurf durf

JK, but seriously, I don't care. people always have their own opinion, and they're welcome to it, but I will play in my (rather unorthodox, i must admit) way.

imo emc values for everything ofc isnt the best, but for a lot of stuff that could use it, its quite good. sorry i didn't look much into config file but it seemed like mostly only IC2 stuff. am i wrong ? if not then could u maybe make some RP2/BC stuff recipes ? i really hate making those filters/redstone engines. Hope our server installs this thing =P

imo emc values for everything ofc isnt the best, but for a lot of stuff that could use it, its quite good. sorry i didn't look much into config file but it seemed like mostly only IC2 stuff. am i wrong ? if not then could u maybe make some RP2/BC stuff recipes ? i really hate making those filters/redstone engines. Hope our server installs this thing =P

but of course, uu-mater is impossible to balance correctly, much as emeralds in 1.3. It may look like mostly IC2 stuff, because that's where i started. it also has pieces from all the mods i believe. also: IC2 has the most annoying stuff to make, and that's why there's many more things from it with an EMC value

LATAH: wow, i really wish i could use the mod add-emc style where you add up the item's values, so you change one and everything changes... it's AMAZING how many items use advanced alloy, then some of those things go into FURTHER items, and so on and so forth, this is really a pain.

Haha, yeah. It does tend to cascade a little. I had to go re-evaluate all the stuff for the nuclear reactors and anything using advanced machine blocks but I still may have missed stuff though, as I only notice when I get round to building something and think "Hey... that doesn't look right".

Further, all the itemIDs are different between Tekkit/Technic it seems (understandable), so I had to redo everything from scratch, but your list was a great starting point, so many thanks for taking the time to put it together. I'll link my own one later for anyone that wants to take a look at my version for Technic. I've probably translated about 50% of your list, but I've not got round to porting over the stuff you did for potions, or any of the RP stuff yet, it's mainly IC and BC as that's what I tend to rely on when I play Technic.

Not going to get to involved in the EE vs. Creative Mode debate, but I will say, is that Minecraft is probably the epitome of "play it your way" games, and I find that being able to condense things strikes a nice balance between the freedom of creative mode, and the fun and satisfaction of making everything from scratch.