[3.2.1]Superior Minecraft[No Pvp][60 Slots][Open][Anti-Grief & Steal]

kyllingman2

• How old are you? I am 13
  • What is your timezone? Eastern
  • How many hours a day can you spend on the server? About 3
  • Do you have any earlier experience moderating any kind of community? YES
  • Why do you want to become a moderator at Superior Minecraft Tekkit? Because this server is awesome and i love to help out in the world
  • Are you responsible, how would you handle different situations such as if someone griefed, or spammed the chat? I would have a talk with them and if they did it again i would have to ban

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griefing persists, but it is firstly because the kids don't READ the signs and follow steps, nor stick to /rules or /protect. We have lava attacks and people generally annoying others as well. May I recommend a whitelist server with applications to join? Would mostly keep the uneducated illiterate kinds at bay lol

Driving me nuts! ;)

Oh, one last thing. Could you edit /protect to included the text:

", this includes fencing for an area of 20 x 20 or 10 x 40," after the 400 blocks text entry. Just a thought. Not that it helps if they don't read...

Hey Omega and Kyll, I know you both are frustrated by player ignorance and complaining but I have a suggestion.

Whitelisting would probably damage server population, even though this server seems to be doing quite well. Instead of Whitelisting why not set up a good Spawn, something with an interactive tutorial. Don't get me wrong, the spawn looks awesome, but all it really does is give the player half a dozen commands then sends the player on their way. Tekkify for instance forces you to do a tutorial and pay attention, else the player won't be leaving the spawn anytime soon. It goes through step by step how to claim land, and shows what claiming land looks like. At the end it asks the player a question via signs and levers, and if the player chooses the correct lever they may leave the spawn. I understand it takes a few hours to setup, but it would deter griefers and idiots(noobs). As Griefers would have to invest time and effort, and idiots would either have to learn or leave.

Also a fun and temporary fix against griefers is a bedrock jail at spawn, in case mods(Omega at the moment) are unsure whether to ban a player or how to punish them. This way you can take action against griefers without causing any harm in case the griefer turns out to be an innocent player(other than denying them a few hours of playing time).

Shrug off the suggestion or whatever, but its the only way I could see around Whitelisting.

Hey Omega and Kyll, I know you both are frustrated by player ignorance and complaining but I have a suggestion.

Whitelisting would probably damage server population, even though this server seems to be doing quite well. Instead of Whitelisting why not set up a good Spawn, something with an interactive tutorial. Don't get me wrong, the spawn looks awesome, but all it really does is give the player half a dozen commands then sends the player on their way. Tekkify for instance forces you to do a tutorial and pay attention, else the player won't be leaving the spawn anytime soon. It goes through step by step how to claim land, and shows what claiming land looks like. At the end it asks the player a question via signs and levers, and if the player chooses the correct lever they may leave the spawn. I understand it takes a few hours to setup, but it would deter griefers and idiots(noobs). As Griefers would have to invest time and effort, and idiots would either have to learn or leave.

Also a fun and temporary fix against griefers is a bedrock jail at spawn, in case mods(Omega at the moment) are unsure whether to ban a player or how to punish them. This way you can take action against griefers without causing any harm in case the griefer turns out to be an innocent player(other than denying them a few hours of playing time).

Shrug off the suggestion or whatever, but its the only way I could see around Whitelisting.

I like your idea, but that is up to Kyll. Most people don't read a single damn thing, so we might have an overpopulated spawn, lol.

As for the jail, Kyll, might I ask for such an implementation and access to it please?

Place it way up high where the wind can annoy the crap out of them... lol

my house was greifed by tnt or something like it( i dont even know why you allow tnt entity damage in the first place

the coordinates are +1323 +36 90 also dont ban water becuase then we cant make obsidian or use it in caves to get across lava lakes

Nobody said we are going to ban EE entirely. Most of the overpowered and dupping items have been banned and those used for griefing. People moan about just about everything. What do you want? Cause we would like a fun playable balanced server not some kiddies playground for people to stuff up on. ANd yet, that is all we are constantly getting. Nobody tries to stick to the rules, tries to understand or tries to say thanks.

It's just one moaning session on the next.

Run your own servers, and let us see how you do?

i have and the first thing id do if i could still is not ban anything make it whitelist and then ban when its used to greif i wouldnt care if people duped(on a tekkit server) because what do they do but spoil their own fun and to ban a basic part of EE is just retarded

Following people where banned:

Mukkod, for constant moaning and use of caps plus language.

Dapeeb for blowing up my house and running away, I tracked him. Might have a look at CoreProtect to verify please.

If it wasn't him, then he would have no reason to run, and if so, I'll be more than willing to apologise.

He flew around here and I suspect he had access to cat.

Dapeeb for blowing up my house and running away, I tracked him. Might have a look at CoreProtect to verify please.

If it wasn't him, then he would have no reason to run, and if so, I'll be more than willing to apologise.

Ok, Maxwellluca admitted to the crime. Unban Dapeeb please

the following people need to be banned

OmagaIII for constant moaning about people moaning and being a bad mod in general

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons