Killing the ticking

Anyone know where the ogg (I assume its an ogg) sound file is for the annoying 'tick' you get with timers etc?

I don't want to disable all my SFX, so I was going to simply change that file to something slightly less irritating (or silent).

I know most of them are in the resources folder, but I can't find that one. Perhaps its generated in another way?

I read something about pressing F7 to kill the sound - but all I get is a message saying that Matmos is still preparing the ambience generator (whatever that means)

Thanks

Matmos makes the birds sing and the crickets chirp.

As for killing the timers' sound: Why not just place them farther away and use wireless redstone. I normally end up tossing mine at the bottom of the chunk they're signalling to and sending the redstone pulse wirelessly because I don't want my machinery irritating me while I'm in my house.

As for killing the timers' sound: Why not just place them farther away and use wireless redstone. I normally end up tossing mine at the bottom of the chunk they're signalling to and sending the redstone pulse wirelessly because I don't want my machinery irritating me while I'm in my house.

This, or centralise all of your timers like I do.

Go to .techniclauncher, open technicSSP (or Tekkit, if your'e playing smp), and then find the redpower folder (NOT in mods, the one just underneath the mod folder), there should be two files in there: a redpower CFG file and redpower.lang. Open the CFG, and scroll until you find logic.enableSounds=1. Set it to 0 (zero) and it should turn off all of those circuit ticks. I hate them too.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the opposite problem. NONE of my redpower stuff makes any sound at all. The only sounds I seem to get are IC2 and Matmos and some default MC sounds. I don't hear the sizzle from lava touching water, either. Any ideas what's broken?

I'd actually LIKE to hear my timers tick, then I'll remember I've set one up... ;-)

Well one reason not to do that would be that if i was on your server, I would see your wireless signals on my sniffer, and mercilessly screw with you by turning on those same frequencies at odd, random, or harmonically congruent times from a separate location. Likely causing your power system to fail, your nuclear reactor to blow up, etc.

Also, with a simple triangulator, I could find your remote station, and insert listening bugs, well-chosen NOT gates, override devices, etc.