Halp! Meh server got griefed!

ZepKraft

NoItems, DisableCraft, WorldGuard, Grief Prevention and removing NEI server side will prevent most if not all griefing but its alot of work setting all this up. also alot of EE will bypass the said mentioned plugins, personally we have removed it completely.

you can just get WorldEdit and go to the place and regen area. It will fix it on the spot and you dont need downtime

we use it and we had a prity big damaged area so we used this rool to regen a 50 chunk area. This was about 12million blocks but it took the server about 2 seconds to complete

The only downside is that players get a small latency of about 2seconds

We are using a prity hefty server ( 32Gigs of ram 2CPU's) so pls be carefull with how many chunks you sellect

you can just get WorldEdit and go to the place and regen area. It will fix it on the spot and you dont need downtime

we use it and we had a prity big damaged area so we used this rool to regen a 50 chunk area. This was about 12million blocks but it took the server about 2 seconds to complete

The only downside is that players get a small latency of about 2seconds

We are using a prity hefty server ( 32Gigs of ram 2CPU's) so pls be carefull with how many chunks you sellect

With the onslaught of World corruptions that seem to be plaguing servers, I've completely avoided WorldEdit regeneration, as from what I've dug around and poked at showed that WE regen can be the start of these corruptions. Have you experienced any of this yourself? I'm still trying to figure out what specifically started the corruption on my previous map. Wasn't a good way to transition from running a Vanilla server to a Tekkit. Ran our 1st map for about a month and it crapped out on us and had a similar issue shortly before transfering to a dedicated server.

Anyway, not to hijack the thread, just curious if you've had issues with WE regen greed?

no none yet. Ofc we dont regen pipes or anything, since they crap out anyway

but just land regeneration. Biome change. block placement "Marble, ..." and zone deletion

thats what we do about all day long with WE and we dind have any problem so far.

We did notice that WE will not work with any Redpower stuff. or most of it.