Zombies Nuclear Plant Almost Done (Sneak Peak)

ZombieWarpig

I have been working on this for a solid week and not to far from being finished. I have reduced this to one reactor at max EU but it has still been a lot of work. I may be no engineer but I did use real pics from various nuclear plants and have tried to replicate one the best I could. This will be my three mile island and yes that's smoke coming out of the cooling tower:)

20120916221051.png

20120916201410.png

20120916220903.png

This is the Data center going into the control room.

20120916220817.png

Need a lot more work here but you can see my direction.

20120916221251.png One is the water in from the cooling tower and the other is the ice. The reactor chamber can be filled and drained from the control room or reactor room.

20120916220620.png

Reactor room.

20120916220551.png

Up close you could see all the madness of tubes, pipes, wires, and cables around the reactor silo thru the glass.

20120916220348.png

The reactor is under water and in a forcefield with more water.

20120916221133.png

My street lamps

20120916222928.png

I used grates for the whole rain runoff look and it adds light under my streets where I have run all wires, fluid pipes, ect.

20120916222947.png

Under one of my streets.

I will have this finished soon and up for download if anyone wants.

If there is anything you would change or would like to see let me know as your opinions are welcome.

Very impressive!

I would personaly love a more detailed example of the wireing, as im thinking of rigging one of these up myself. Have you ever thought about bleeding off some of the power from the reactors to power the coolent generators, but have the solars perduce the starting charge?

Any chance we can see the entire coolent setup?

Also, dont use any fancy plugins for elevators, just use frames!

Hey thanks for the reply.

The wiring is pretty simple. The shutoff, forcefield, and industrial monitors are all wireless. The main computer that controls the ice is wired ( bundled cable ).

the lv panels on the cooling tower and on top of the mfsu building power all blue power. The HV panels which store power in 56 mfsu's per tower store 560 million eu's for everything else.

I don't think I will need to route power back from the reactors as I am not really even phasing the solars. I am not playing around with snow golems as this is my creative world and I have another world for survival.

I use a duplicater with a timer and not gate to chests and then a retriever with a timer and not gate all bundled to a computer that controls each station seperate.

20120904124411.png

Here is a full chest of ice being supplied from the duplicators above

20120904124357.png

These are controlling the retrievers

20120904124448.png

Here are the ice duplicators and the wire color is the same for the other side all bundled to the computer.

20120904124533.png

20120904124830.png

These are the spare offices that are behind the reactors

20120904124751.png

This is the chamber with a duplicater and filter controlled by a timer for the full cells

20120904124800.png

20120904100803.png

this is under the reactor and extracts the empty cells

20120904125823.png

I removed a couple blocks on top of the reactor so you can see the wireless shutoff transmitter and the wire for the alarm.

Hope that gives you a better idea.

Okay, that is pretty BIG for a nuclear power plant. I will do it simple and build 25 nuclear reactors with each producing 2000EU/t. I will build an automatic shutoff switch with a Laser grid with three colors for each reactor. Blue means that the reactor is off, green means that the reactor is on and in good state, red means that the reactor is too hot and then it turns the reactor off for atleast twenty seconds. I will post screenshots when I got a prototype done.

Well I was aiming for big and I could have done it simple but I like complex things. All my buildings are grand in scale and I try to go for the wow factor more then practical. My main skyscraper has light switches on every floor and one for the outside and elevators. Was that needed no but creating sub floors and installing all of that wire was an extra step most don't take and I think it pays off. And let me tell you, that was a lot of wire:)

20120904150437.png

20120904150402.png

20120904150411.png

20120904150333.png

20120904150511.png

20120904150457.png

20120904150615.png

Well I was aiming for big and I could have done it simple but I like complex things. All my buildings are grand in scale and I try to go for the wow factor more then practical. My main skyscraper has light switches on every floor and one for the outside and elevators. Was that needed no but creating sub floors and installing all of that wire was an extra step most don't take and I think it pays off. And let me tell you, that was a lot of wire:)

Son, that skyscraper is F***ing nice! Now I have to make a nice house where I can fit 25 nuclear reactors in producing 1 000 000 EU per second if my math is correct.

I noticed you are using duplicators to make ice instead of using EE energy condensers. If you are using duplicators you might as well be using them to pull out stacks of single use batteries.

also, that skyscraper looks like something that came out of a Doom FPS, now it just needs to be filled with shotgun wielding zombies, fireball throwing imps, pinky demons; with a cyberdemon at the top of the tower.

and chainsaws, can't forget the great communicator!

I hear what your saying as far as the duplicators but if the end result is the same then I what does it matter? I am not creating this for use but for fun and an output number. Duplicating ice is not the same as skipping all the other work that went into this just because I didn't make the ice a specific way. If I can make a program to control the out put of 6 different machines and wrap it with a utility ui then I am sure I can create ice the hard way. But Some would say that because I didn't build it in survival... well you know the rest.

A yellow tag is... ask jakej, she/he knows.

To save Jakj a bit of time, let me tell you that a yellow name means you're a modder. And I don't really see why Techpriest brought that up, since even though you're a pretty amazing builder, I don't see any modding around here. (Also, Jakj's a ''he'').

Onto my appreciation of all this... God that's some large scale stuff. A little tip though, I'd replace every crystal chest with a diamond chest. With so much stuff happening, crystal chests might cause some extra, undesirable lag that diamond's do not. Also, that skyscraper is pretty freakin nice. Kudos all the way.

To save Jakj a bit of time, let me tell you that a yellow name means you're a modder. And I don't really see why Techpriest brought that up, since even though you're a pretty amazing builder, I don't see any modding around here. (Also, Jakj's a ''he'').

Onto my appreciation of all this... God that's some large scale stuff. A little tip though, I'd replace every crystal chest with a diamond chest. With so much stuff happening, crystal chests might cause some extra, undesirable lag that diamond's do not. Also, that skyscraper is pretty freakin nice. Kudos all the way.

I believe there was some guy who has a yellow name and has a motto that said "Ask me about my ridiculious build."

I believe there was some guy who has a yellow name and has a motto that said "Ask me about my ridiculious build."

It's Backplague, but his awesome base and his yellow name don't have anything to do with each other. ;)

He's a modder too, like gotyaoi (Have I got it right?) and Jakj

Thanks, l will do that as soon as i finish the plant and the tower. I have made a lot of progress since that post and added some cool changes. I have to say that this is just the start as this world will have a full city with streets and homes and even more plants. I just started playing minecraft and am learning as i go.

Well my world has seemed to gone corrupt and even with backups I get a java exception error that I cannot fix. The tower is fine but the nuclear plant is gone as when I go there it is missing parts and shits floating.

I am going to have to rebuild from scratch I guess and don't understand why even my backups are corrupt.

Well my world has seemed to gone corrupt and even with backups I get a java exception error that I cannot fix. The tower is fine but the nuclear plant is gone as when I go there it is missing parts and shits floating.

I am going to have to rebuild from scratch I guess and don't understand why even my backups are corrupt.

Man that must suck.

I can't wait for the download though.

O. M. F. G. This is pure awesomeness. Every time i want to build stuff like that I end up with a half-finished building rig or a misshaped clump of materials. Even on creative.

I guess I'm just not good at such things. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I would be happy to upload my map with the tower and nuclear plant but its like 2gb. I don't know how to shrink it beyond putting in rar and its still over 2gb.

Well, you can't shrink it anymore. The only reason you have over 2GB is because you have probably wandered around the area making the chunk load.