Disabling UU-Matter Recipes

Malicered

Hello, I own a server with EE disabled. My goal is a completely legit economy where players are encouraged to trade each other. Problem is, my older players have pretty much rigged up Mass Fabricators en mass. And now they have tons of UU-Matter rendering my economy useless.

As a fix for my new generation players, I have reduced all EU sources by 50%, and disabled scrap burning.

Effectively shoving that end game to well, end game.

But the problem now I face is what to do with the current players who have stacks and stacks of UU-Matter. It came to my attention that disabling UU-Matter recipes would solve my issue.

Hm, but how does one disable UU-Matter recipes without touching anything else?

Anyone have any ideas or know how to do this?

There's no way to do this via configs, so you'll have to hop into the code.

Oh man, I don't know the first thing about Modding. I was hoping there was a combination of plugins that I could use to achieve the effect I want. In this case, Removing all the crafting recipes for UU Matter. Don't get me wrong, I've been all over the internet looking for any solutions on how to do this. Hell, I've even sent messages to the Mod Devs for a bit of support on this matter. But Since I'm a complete noob when it comes to Java, I'm just going to have to wait to see if someone can share a method with me. In the meantime, I will be looking at this java.

Thanks for the reply, I feel like I have a guardian angel watching over me. Heh.

I don't think you should even bother, because banning UU is unlikely anyway to stimulate any sort of real economy anyway. There might be a few more barters here and there, but a true economy of any sort would require massive modifications to minecrafts core gameplay.

However, if you want to try anyway, one idea:

1) back up your world and your server tekkit folder

2) go into IC config, and change the ID value of UU matter to something else that is available.

3) load up your world and join it

4) IIRC, if forge or bukkit or something finds blocks or items in the world that it does not have legitimate ID values for, it will simply delete all of them. When I updated from CC 1.3 to 1.4, this happened to me a lot. It didn't corrupt the world, it just removed everything CC. This might wipe all existing UU stockpiles.

5) If so, then shut it down, change the UU ID value back to what it was, and make your server public again?