FTL: Faster Than Light

Pulse95

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got this for myself and a friend(for his birthday), and I'm loving every second. Unfortunately, I was cut short on my first round, so I haven't managed to reach the mother ship yet. I'm doubtful that I'll succeed on my first game, but it's not looking too bad. I think I have as much chance as I ever will. Any tips on kicking that big-ass ship's metaphorical ass?

I just got this for myself and a friend(for his birthday), and I'm loving every second. Unfortunately, I was cut short on my first round, so I haven't managed to reach the mother ship yet. I'm doubtful that I'll succeed on my first game, but it's not looking too bad. I think I have as much chance as I ever will. Any tips on kicking that big-ass ship's metaphorical ass?

Upgrade your Engines to kingdom come and have an experienced or veteran pilot. Dodging shots is much more effective than the utter butt-pounding your shields will take. If you have a stealth field, use it as a 100% dodge buff and let your weapons recharge during it.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The difficulty in this game is downright dumb. 3 sectors in, and i keep encountering one of three things, either a heavily armed pirate ship at a sun, a boarding crew of 6 mantises, or a ship with so much dodge that i can't break its shields. "easy mode" my ass.

Solutions:

1. Run away

2.Flush them out the airlock, make sure to have upgraded your doors. Also, the maximum boarding crew size is 3 or 4.

3. Put a missile on their engines/captain.

You need to make a strategy for the ship you're using, if you just upgrade blindly you'll probably fail.