so while we wait for mods to come to 1.3.2, why not uptating the mods we got?

Nightfury18

If in the future, one or more of the major mod developers abandons their mod, then I'm guessing somebody will probably eventually decompile their code and update it to work for new versions of minecraft, even if no extra features get added. Then something like tekkit would still be possible to continue moving forward.

After 1.3 / 1.4, such changes would generally be fairly trivial, even for somebody not terribly well versed in the code. This update right now is going to be the biggest headache, since the whole architecture is changing. So as long as the mod developers push their code past 1.3 / 1.4, we should be safe for a very long time.

I assure you it's far from abandoned. And the reason for lack of updates is because Technic team likes to spend time typing code, not typing blog posts about what they ate and posting pics of doing gangnam style.

Poor excuse, it takes 2 mins to post an update on the front page to say what's happening. No information at all means as far as we are concerned, nothing is happening, then posts like this one starts up.

Poor excuse, it takes 2 mins to post an update on the front page to say what's happening. No information at all means as far as we are concerned, nothing is happening, then posts like this one starts up.

That's a bit extreme. But I do have to agree that it would take VERY little effort and would be VERY helpful to make an effort to post something like "about 50% of updating done!" or "waiting on a couple critical mods, otherwise ready to go" or whatever.

That's a bit extreme. But I do have to agree that it would take VERY little effort and would be VERY helpful to make an effort to post something like "about 50% of updating done!" or "waiting on a couple critical mods, otherwise ready to go" or whatever.

Just saying, posts like this always show up. None of them have done anything to change policy on eta's. I know quite a fair amount on the status of the various mods, and not a clue on when an update would be possible.

Also, everyone around here seems to think the tekkit team has some obligation to do stuff as people want. They don't.

Just saying, posts like this always show up. None of them have done anything to change policy on eta's. I know quite a fair amount on the status of the various mods, and not a clue on when an update would be possible.

Also, everyone around here seems to think the tekkit team has some obligation to do stuff as people want. They don't.

Exactly. Also, a reason for not giving ETA's is that everything is always uncertain. You know that one dev could go on holidays, or a new incompatibility could appear out of nowhere and such things, delaying the release and raising shitstorms all over. Also, I would LOVE to see Kaker dance Gangnam style on his golden yacht.

-snip- Also, I would LOVE to see Kaker dance Gangnam style on his golden yacht.

That.

And yeah, I fully understand why this major update takes such a long time, without any ETA. Really, that's not a problem.

This thread, however, was more about why no minor updates have been published, containing updates for the mods, while still

remaining in 1.2.5. These updates contain many bug fixes, tweaks, etc. that would make the Tekkit experience even more fun, and seeing as many people have been able to update these manually (thereby no longer being able to play online), I don't fully understand why these have not been added to Tekkit yet.