New to Tekkit; I need advice on a new power source

ShameWillFollow

I wasn't aware that diamonds had use beyond machinery, EE (EMC storage), early-game equipment, and cables. :s

Energy crystals and lapotron crystals for nano and quantum armor and high-end energy storage (MFE and MFSU) and transfer (nether lava base, anyone?) - unless that's what you meant by "machinery". Nano saber. Diamond draw plates for RedPower machinery. Enchanted diamond picks/shovels/etc. for rapid excavation (unless you're using EE).

I wouldn't consider any of that early-game, except maybe nano armor.

To me, especially early-game, power is more important than rubber. I skip past copper/gold/tin/all those other cables, and go for high-efficiency, high-cost, place-it-and-forget-it glass fibre, every time.

Might be my OCD (As compared to others'), but I can't have any inefficiency in my power grid if I can help it. Plus the uniformity of almost all wires (Until late-game, super-high-voltage power is being used) being glass fibre feels nicer and works better with compact storage.

Even then, you need loads of rubber for circuits, and you'll need LOADS of circuits if you want to develop either solar or nuclear energy.

Even then, you need loads of rubber for circuits, and you'll need LOADS of circuits if you want to develop either solar or nuclear energy.

By the time I do that I usually keep a normal sticky resin farm, or use EE to transmute stuff into sticky resin because I'm lazy and I prefer mining over farming.

As for the late-game diamond things, I use EE, and by 'machinery,' yes, I was erroneous. I should say 'machinery and IC2 items.'

With the tin cables thing, I could use tin to carry something low-voltage, and I could craft some, or I could reach into my pile of glass fibre cables (Because I know exactly where they are since I'm not cluttered with wires I don't need as of yet) and place those instead.