Stupid n00b questions

Diddums

Hello everyone!

I'm still fairly new to Tekkit and the magic it holds within. I have just set up a configuration of 8 solar arrays which feed into a building below, and into an MFE unit. From the MFE, it runs to a quarry outside. This is all connected using glassfibre cable. As it is now, the only way I can store up energy is to remove a part of the cable. I was wondering if there's a way to disable the output on the MFE?

I've tried sticking a lever in the cable run, didn't work. I read on some Wikis that it needs a restone signal to disable it, but this doesn't seem to work either. I was up to the point of having a redstone torch right up next to the MFE, and still no luck.

Can anyone offer any advice on this? Is it possible to turn the MFE off, or shall I place a switch in the glassfibre? If that's the only option, what switch would I need?

Thanks for reading!

Alright thanks guys, I'm looking into my options at the moment.

Another issue I'm having is that when I use an advanced wooden pipe to sort things from my quarry, I use one to feed a basic generator with coal. The problem is that the coal always ends up in the top box, so it just sits there. Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to get it into the bottom hole by default?

Also... is the energy condenser compatible with this system? I've set it up to receive stone, gravel and dirt, with a coal in the top slot. However, the advanced wooden pipe connected to it, which runs to the same generator, keeps sucking out the coal in the top. Is there a way around this too?

Thanks folks, any help is always appreciated!

Alright thanks guys, I'm looking into my options at the moment.

Another issue I'm having is that when I use an advanced wooden pipe to sort things from my quarry, I use one to feed a basic generator with coal. The problem is that the coal always ends up in the top box, so it just sits there. Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to get it into the bottom hole by default?

Also... is the energy condenser compatible with this system? I've set it up to receive stone, gravel and dirt, with a coal in the top slot. However, the advanced wooden pipe connected to it, which runs to the same generator, keeps sucking out the coal in the top. Is there a way around this too?

Thanks folks, any help is always appreciated!

Why would you send coal to a generator, when you can turn it into 4 charcoal which give the same amount of energy each? Hell, you could just condense it. Filters work with condensers, so I don't know why you're using buildcraft.

Make sure the pipe goes into the bottom of the generator.

Why would you send coal to a generator, when you can turn it into 4 charcoal which give the same amount of energy each? Hell, you could just condense it. Filters work with condensers, so I don't know why you're using buildcraft.

I like EE as much as the next guy, but a lot of people don't like to use it. Either way, you failed to answer the question posed and proceeded to criticize him on what he was doing in the first place...

Anyways, yeah, either pipe it into the bottom of the machine or use sneaky pipes or logistics pipes to direct it into the bottom slot.

I like EE as much as the next guy, but a lot of people don't like to use it. Either way, you failed to answer the question posed and proceeded to criticize him on what he was doing in the first place...

Anyways, yeah, either pipe it into the bottom of the machine or use sneaky pipes or logistics pipes to direct it into the bottom slot.

I told him he could use filters from redpower instead of advanced pipes, which should solve his second problem. As for the first one, like others have said he can pump it in from the bottom of the generator, or put one cobble stone in the top which I think makes it go in the bottom slot.

Alright, thanks for that guys. Typical me... silly things.

While we're on the topic, I've stumbled across another problem which is frustrating me. I've got a chest which receives any ore that comes in from my quarry, and I'd like to send that ore to macerators, followed by some electric furnaces. I've tried using an advanced copper pipe, but this goes way too fast and it generally makes a mess. Is there a way to slow the process down?

As always, help is appreciated!

Cheers folks,

David

Alright, thanks for that guys. Typical me... silly things.

While we're on the topic, I've stumbled across another problem which is frustrating me. I've got a chest which receives any ore that comes in from my quarry, and I'd like to send that ore to macerators, followed by some electric furnaces. I've tried using an advanced copper pipe, but this goes way too fast and it generally makes a mess. Is there a way to slow the process down?

As always, help is appreciated!

Cheers folks,

David

I don't know what advanced copper pipe is, but redpower pneumatic tubes never spill, because if the inventory is full they just go back to where they came. So if you hook up a transposer or a filter to your chest, then when the macerators get full the items just go back to the transposer or filter.