I saw this mod and... woah

CoolBeans

To be fair, I'm pretty sure anti-EE people are more of anti-OP (Whether it actually is or not, that's another debate), not anti-magic spells altogether.

Hence why anti-EE people might like it. From what I've seen, the only thing you can do is transmute current items, not create anything from sunlight and whatnot. Plus I also saw deficiency percentages, which might help their realism 'you always lose energy' complex.

However I haven't seen any limitations on the spells whatsoever, which may just ruin the whole mod for them - unless they disable 'OP' spells.

But not the worst possible, 2 1 D would be worse...

But that would be actually incorrect, instead of correct but infuriating. Something that's just flat-out wrong can be comfortably lumped into a whole and discarded by the mind, whereas something that makes perfect sense and yet just isn't how it should be, that will eat at a body.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I know this thread was kinda dead, but just wanted to say open beta has started. If you still don't have the link, here you go http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1486184-132-ars-magica-an-advanced-magic-mod-for-minecraft/. I'm not sure how I could get it to work with Technic, or if it will work at all. Maybe somebody more clever than I am could do it.