I saw this mod and... woah

CoolBeans

Wrong Section there is one for modders/mods but i saw this mod actually today not long a go and i though it looked pretty nice.

Wrong, the modder section is for modders sharing their mod or people requesting a mod to be made. This thread is in the right place.

And this mod does look extremely neat. I really love the animations, too, and also the models.

Wrong, the modder section is for modders sharing their mod or people requesting a mod to be made. This thread is in the right place.

And this mod does look extremely neat. I really love the animations, too, and also the models.

but be truthful would make more sense if this did go in my modders section but i understand what your saying and alot of magic mods have excellent animations, specially thaumcraft.

but be truthful would make more sense if this did go in my modders section but i understand what your saying and alot of magic mods have excellent animations, specially thaumcraft.

Yeah I think this and Thaumcraft would go hand in hand because this focuses on the magic side whereas Thaumcraft kinda does but not really. I mean yeah there are magic wands that do fire dmg and stuff in Thaumcraft but instant stair cave digging thing and chicken minions... awesome

This looks nice. (read: drool)

I like how it seems to be more "magicky" than EE (and thaumcraft, i suppose, but eh) which is more like sciency magic.... but not just a "hur nur we have fire wands and ice wands and creeper wands" mod.

Would be interesting to have to divide your resources between EE and this, since it seems to consume stuff in a similar manner.

It looks good, although as is it seems like it would be easy to exploit in technic. Example: If one stone=10, one diamond=3200, 320 stone=1 diamond, whereas in EE 8192 stone=1diamond. I think the video showed either a way to generate items with this essence, or a way to autocraft. If the former, it would be abused so much, by everyone. Still, I like it, just needs some tweaking before having a download link/being added to technic.

It looks good, although as is it seems like it would be easy to exploit in technic. Example: If one stone=10, one diamond=3200, 320 stone=1 diamond, whereas in EE 8192 stone=1diamond. I think the video showed either a way to generate items with this essence, or a way to autocraft. If the former, it would be abused so much, by everyone. Still, I like it, just needs some tweaking before having a download link/being added to technic.

Yea I didn't really think it would fit in the TechnicPack simply because of ThaumCraft 3

Yea I didn't really think it would fit in the TechnicPack simply because of ThaumCraft 3

Well it's not like it doesn't take just a small amount of restraint to -not- abuse a system like that... Plus, a mod being there doesn't necessitate its use. I don't use thaumcraft or computercraft (because redpower control is so much better)

Actually, i just went through the mod features, and I would most definitely play this on a non-technic install.

That's just the lamest of the lame.

Wants to make great mod: doesn't let people try it.

Makes me want to slam my crotch into the corner of a desk.

To be honest, that's a bit understandable. If I made a great mod, I wouldn't want to get swarms of people raging at me because the mod is buggy as fuck. A beta is the best way to get rid of common bugs.

That's just the lamest of the lame.

Wants to make great mod: doesn't let people try it.

Makes me want to slam my crotch into the corner of a desk.

The mod will be out before you know it.

there's only a few more bugs and balance issues to sort out before it goes to open beta.

They're quite likely placebos.

Besides which, it's not really possible to copyright letters and symbols. You can trademark, but that's expensive and time consuming. There's not much the GR developers can do. Maybe she just intends it as a reference? Nine characters doesn't really hurt anyone.

Besides which, it's not really possible to copyright letters and symbols. You can trademark, but that's expensive and time consuming. There's not much the GR developers can do. Maybe she just intends it as a reference? Nine characters doesn't really hurt anyone.

1) Placeholder, not placebo. Good lord.

2) Any artistic design is copyrighted. For example, typefaces (fonts) are protected by copyright, even though they're just the letters/symbols of the language.

C) Most reasonable people don't really care about small-scale ripoffs as long as there isn't money being made and it's not causing harm or misrepresentation of the original.

If you couldn't copyright symbols much fewer companies would have logos.

Anyway I don't want to derail this into a legality discussion. I just wanted to make an observation. It's closed beta still, not in its final form. Don't worry be happy.

• Moderators

A quote from the forums:

Different spell types: Self, Target, Touch, Block, Cone, AoE, Channeled, and Summon

If I had ever dabbled with java, I would so want to implement a summoning magic to get powerful mobs to aid you.

Must be my FF-fanboyism that I need to put on check from time to time... :)

This looks like a combination of EE and Thaumcraft in a strange way - I actually kind of like it, and I'd be willing to give it a whirl.

Hey, maybe even anti-EE people will like it too!

To be fair, I'm pretty sure anti-EE people are more of anti-OP (Whether it actually is or not, that's another debate), not anti-magic spells altogether.