Post Your EMC generator designs! No Energy Flowers Allowed!

Colindapieman

Well most people who play with EE are going to become ultra dependent on Energy Flowers. Check the internet to find out how to do this. However for those of you SMART AND INDEPENDENT chaps, there's many amazing ways to get massive quantities of red matter for little cost. There are tons of designs and you should post them here! Feel free to use sophisticated vocabulary so all the idiots don't get a hold of your top secret designs :D ! Use mine as a template if you like. No comments about using this to exploit the game since IT WAS ADDED INTO IT AND IS NOT A BUG

I'll start:

Design

I use a blaze rod generator I designed MYSELF. The only thing I got from the internet was that macerating blaze rods make 5 blaze dust. I use (M) as a rotary macerator, (F) as filter with an arrow facing output, ® as red alloy wire, (GF) as glass fiber cable, and © as an energy condenser.

(<-F)©(<-F)(M)(GF)

® ® (Wire other than red)

How it works

Basically, it constantly loops blaze rods out of the macerator, condenses more blaze rods, and macerates those. Use Pneumatic tubes to come out of the last filter and pump it into the top of the macerator. The key to the emc generation is that after the filter you have the pneumatic tube pumping out back into the macerator, you have a restriction tube underneath it. This makes it so that once the macerator gets filled up with blaze rods and can't keep up, the blaze rods start to get pumped into another condenser with red matter. Use ® as restriction tube and (P) as pneumatic tube.

(P)

(P) (<-F)©(<-F)(M)(GF)

®

©

The beauty of this machine is that it is one block thick. In a 13 by 13 room, you can fit 26 of these. 3,750 EMC each, so in a 13 by 13 room you can get 97,000 EMC each second. This requires about 5 geothermal generators to power or 100EU/t (not entirely sure, but 20EU/t is enough to easily get 4 running)

Size

6 long

3 high or 2 if you use covers between pipes and machines under.

1 Thick

Looks

Put iron covers between pipes as you stack the machines. This is necessary so the pipes from 1 don't connect to the next one over. It makes it look pretty cool, almost like some electric coil or some such device. If you really don't like that just over the whole thing or put it in your basement. You can use diamond covers if you want...there's no cost problems when you have this.

Why it's the best:

Mark 3 flower: 15,000,000ish EMC for 1 diamond per 12 seconds

This machine: Less than 5,000,000 EMC for more than a diamond block per second.

Credit me if you use this design, and if you know someone that has done this before me, post the link. I was not aware of any that work in this fashion when I built it.

Whoever made lava cells have an EMC value should be slapped.

Not only can you exploit an oversight/mistake in mod agreement (above design), but you dont even have to bother to make an actual energy source to power it? >.>

Also, @OP, the main reason most people use energy flowers is likely because a great number of servers explicitly ban anything other than energy flowers, as being unintentional exploits of various mod interdependencies. Doesn't mean most people are "uncreative."

Ever try a "wheat spammer"? Two deployers and a block breaker hooked up to a sequencer that plants a seed, uses a bone meal, and finally breaks it to send the wheat to a condenser, which then makes more bone meal. Then that and the seeds go back to the deployers, ad infinitum.

I'll have to check the EMC values to be sure, though.

Whoever made lava cells have an EMC value should be slapped.

Not only can you exploit an oversight/mistake in mod agreement (above design), but you dont even have to bother to make an actual energy source to power it? >.>

Also, @OP, the main reason most people use energy flowers is likely because a great number of servers explicitly ban anything other than energy flowers, as being unintentional exploits of various mod interdependencies. Doesn't mean most people are "uncreative."

If it was overpowered then the good folks developing tekkit would have changed it around. Also you put "uncreative" in quotes for no reason. Sorry but that just really bothers me.

EE is widely regarded as being OP when included in the technic/tekkit modpack because of exploits like that one which generate free, fast and infinite EMC with little and eventualy no effort. I'm not gunna pretend to know what the devs are thinking, but i'm gunna go out on a limb and say that the reason that this (and other) exploit(s) have not been changed is because they are minor issues that can be reconfigued relatively easily by a player or a server OP.

For the sake of argument, i'm going to say that gavjenks did put "uncreative" in quotes for a reason.

If it was overpowered then the good folks developing tekkit would have changed it around. Also you put "uncreative" in quotes for no reason. Sorry but that just really bothers me.

In order:

1) People who put together tekkit have absolutely nothing to do with the content of the mods. They just make them so they don't have the same ID values, and load up together, etc. If two mods cause an exploit between them, that is up to the mod devs to fix, and usually they don't. So no, the good folks wouldn't have fixed it. Also it doesn't matter anyway. It's a simple fact that many server have a rule against non-collector EMC gathering, so it's really a moot point whether you happen to agree with such a rule or not.

2) I put uncreative in quotes because it was a quote... Not a direct one, but I was paraphrasing your sentence about how "SMART and INDEPENDENT people" will use other ECM designs. My point is that you are wrong by implying that those who use flowers are uncreative and dumb. More often, they are just bound by their server's rules.

I have to disagree with you here. Equivalent Exchange 2 is overpowered as Hell, especially when used with other mods. I suggest you take a look at this to find out more.

Well I'm saying that the flowers are easy to do and while expensive require absolutely no mental effort to build.

The other generators, while EXTREMELY OP, take a mind that knows enough about the game to do anything. I believe that the people who take the time and design something should be rewarded in turn. Also that one large investment should be able to pay off in the long run, similar to real life.