custom modpack - cant get it to work on server, imaginary snacks rewarded ;)

zibafu

Hi.  So me and two mates have a private server running the 1.7.10 pack, and we decided that in the new year we are gonna make a new world, with the same pack, but also decided to add some extra mods to the pack that we also want to play with and delete some of the mods we don't care for.

So Ive spent about 3 hours or so adding several mods and testing the game to make sure it works.

copied the bin, config, coremods, mods folders to another location and zipped them - double checked its in a zip folder not a rar folder.

Uploaded the zip to drop box and created a new mod pack here on technic and attempted to install it to my launcher.

Getting this as an error message:

Error unzipping a file for the following pack: zibs custom pack

Attempting to extract file zibs-custom-pack-1.0.zip, but it did not exist.

Double, triple and quadruple checked the download link is correct - since the standard share link isnt a direct link and you have to change

it to - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com

Don't really know how to proceed from here

Edited by zibafu

Technic can only use direct links (links that automatically start eh download when clicked on). Your dropbox link should look something like "https://www.dropbox.com/(random stuff)/(modpack name).zip?dl=1" To get the link right click the file in dropbox, select "share" then copy the link it gives you and change the very last character from "0" to a "1". 

Technic can only use direct links (links that automatically start eh download when clicked on). Your dropbox link should look something like "https://www.dropbox.com/(random stuff)/(modpack name).zip?dl=1" To get the link right click the file in dropbox, select "share" then copy the link it gives you and change the very last character from "0" to a "1". 

yeah, oddly, its started working, leaves me wondering if it just takes time to I dunno register the link or something.

However, just hitting share then copying the link doesnt give you the direct link, the only way I got the direct link was by editing the link to the "usercontent" link in my original post.

But, like I said, oddly its started working all of a sudden haha, went bed, not working, got up, working... weird.

mine to but instead of error it dumps the files into a folder calling it modpack(2) makes me mad :/

I think I know what you're doing wrong, cause I did the same thing, youve made a folder, then put your bin/config/coremods/mods folder into it yes ? then zipped that folder.  Which is wrong, go into the folder youve made then you directly zip the bin/config/coremods/mods folders, so when you look at the zip file in say winrar, you see those folders.

Ok, so the pack works, and now Ive been trying to get it onto a new server me and a friend have, I did post a new thread on the "server swap shop" forum but nobody is answering, and it seems people are answering server questions here.

Can't get my server to start with the new pack on it

Don't really wanna make another thread so can anyone help with this: