Creating a 5x5 crafting table

GreenWolf13

How would I go about creating a 5x5 crafting table? And how would I add recipes for it? The only tutorials I could find were on how to make another crafting table block, not a completely different block and GUI.

I may sound crazy for this, but BTW has a 4x4 block, so you could analyze that code..

Check out BlockWorkbench and ContainerWorkbench in the Minecraft source code. It looks like the grid size is abstracted enough that you change a few initialization values in the ContainerWorkbench constructor, then make a new crafting GUI for your new block. At worst you'll have to copy and modify the CraftingManager class to handle your recipes.

Check out BlockWorkbench and ContainerWorkbench in the Minecraft source code. It looks like the grid size is abstracted enough that you change a few initialization values in the ContainerWorkbench constructor, then make a new crafting GUI for your new block. At worst you'll have to copy and modify the CraftingManager class to handle your recipes.

Thank you! I never thought to look at the actual workbench code (silly me) as I assumed it was hard coded to be a 3x3.