[3.1.2]Somethingtown[PvP][75 slots][Whitelist]

Sprite_145

Server Introduction:

For a long time now I've wanted a vibrant community to play Minecraft with, recently got into Tekkit and thought I can really make my idea come to life on Tekkit. My idea is to have a community all working, all having jobs and homes, earning a wage, paying taxes all working under a select few people who fill the roles within the government. (OP's) generally these OP's are players that are active on the server and who follow the rules, are helpful and that are trustworthy without drawing attention to themselves at the same time.

Server Rules & Regulations:

- Unless otherwise granted the use of high powered explosives is prohibited: TNT, ITNT, Nukes & Nova catalysts/ cataclysms.

- Under no circumstances should anyone grief other players/ steal their stuff/ interfere with their projects or otherwise cause themselves to be an annoyance to the admin team/ other players.

- Any undue/ unjust damage to the landscape as a result of explosive damage or otherwise caused needs to be replaced. IE filling in holes you've made.

- Be respectful of other players/ their buildings and projects and offer a helping hand if you can spare it.

- Don't draw undue/ unnecessary attention to yourself as a player, going out of your way to get noticed, either positively or negatively will seriously reduce your chances of being considered for a government job.

- No killing other players in non PvP zones. Unless the land owned is private and trespasser warnings are clearly displayed. (Government will approve all trespasser warnings.)

Server Details:

Server IP: Hidden* People who message me asking for the IP with their IGN will be added to the whitelist & given the IP.

Server uptime: Server runs 24/7, baring maybe anywhere between 10mins and an hour for resets and backups.

Server Team:

Myself (sprite145) - The boss guy, the server owner.. I'd like to think I'm a fair and lenient guy, just dont brand yourself as a trouble maker and get put in my bad books.

Jamesfle - Second in charge (co-owner) - probably one of the nicest people on the server, very friendly extremely helpful and goes out of his way to help people who are having MC/ Tekkit related problems.

Tren - My government right hand man.. he's technically 3rd in charge, he knows the basics about how Tekkit stuff works, also very helpful and friendly.

Aegis - some ginger guy off youtube? or something.. He doesn't actually know what he is doing on the server, he was head of the milatry, then he moved on to building a train line.. now I have no clue. still a nice guy.

As you can see the regulars on my server all are friendly nice guys which is what I would like any potential members to be, I don't want people to take things to heart you should always enjoy a joke and a bit of banter but know where the line is. Also i expect players on my server to be hardworking and committed to the server ethos and community spirit.

Contact details for futher information/ to be added to the whitelist:

PM me on here/ write a comment on this thread.

Skype: Sprite_145 (If i dont accept you within 48hrs please message me on here saying check your skype.)

Youtube message: www.youtube.com/sprit3145 (I'm not asking you to subscribe to my channel, but I get message notifications on my phone so its a decent port of contact.)

- Steam: Sprite145 (I accept all friend requests and am usually on steam at least once a day to check things, again if i don't add you within 48hrs message me.)

What I will require from you is your Tekkit/ Minecraft in game name so I can add it to the whitelist and when the time is right and ive got a free moment or two i'll give you a tour (which is why skype/ teamspeak will help.) If you wish to get my teamspeak server IP I'll give that to you when you get the server IP.

Tips and tricks to getting noticed for a government role (OP status).

- Firstly and most importantly don't get yourself noticed.. this means jsut go about your daily business and be an upstanding member of the community. Doing so without drawing attention to yourself will put ticks in the right boxes.

- Help new players/ Players that arnt too familiar with all aspects of tekkit. Every players has their strong and weak points in Tekkit, maybe your strong area is something someone else can't get to grips with.

- Play by the rules, this will help the current admin team determine your level of commitment and trust.

- Be active, what annoys me more than anything is people who want the high ranking, trusted positions that are on maybe once or twice a week, I can understand if your at school during the day or timezones, but a little bit of notice and we will be able to work something out. Just a message saying something along the lines of "hey I cant make it on this weekend because I'm at my Aunts" or "I cant make it on all the time during the week because of school." this'll just help me determine when people are going to be on.

The server:

The server, as detailed before is a roleplay server, everyone has a job/ role to fulfill and there are members of the government that oversee the community in general. The government pays everyone who is working wages, players pay taxes to the government as well as any fines that they may incur. The default currency for the server is Industrial Credits (IC) but certain ores/ gems are transferable into credits, the bank deals with transfers.

Jobs that are available:

Woodcutter/ forester.

Miner

Solider

Nuclear Technician (OP required)

Head of the military (OP required)

Bank staff

Farmer

Fisherman/ boat store owner

Supermarket owner

Prison officer/ warden (OP required)

Construction supplies office owner

As you can see there is a multitude of jobs ready for people to fit into.. obviously this is a shortened list of a few of the jobs and over the course of the server being active many more jobs will become available.

Pictures of the server:

- The military base.

2012-10-09_160030.png

2012-10-09_160042.png + head of the military's house.

- My house - in the middle of no street, my house.

2012-10-09_160057.png

2012-10-09_160106.png

- The bank & Supermarket

2012-10-09_160115.png

2012-10-09_160136.png

2012-10-09_160142.png

2012-10-09_160308.png

- The train station

2012-10-09_160805.png

- The mining facility external

2012-10-09_160609.png

2012-10-09_160620.png

- Mining facility internal

2012-10-09_160700.png

2012-10-09_160712.png

2012-10-09_160706.png

- The spawn (subject to change)

2012-10-09_174159.png

2012-10-09_174136.png

There is still plenty of things to be added/ changed and with new members with fresh ideas hopefully we can make something amazing happen.

Future plans:

Add a variety of different plugins to help the server run smoothly IE admin tools/ grief prevention so on and so forth, will add a full list of plugins once they are installed.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server Introduction:

For a long time now I've wanted a vibrant community to play Minecraft with, recently got into Tekkit and thought I can really make my idea come to life on Tekkit. My idea is to have a community all working, all having jobs and homes, earning a wage, paying taxes all working under a select few people who fill the roles within the government. (OP's) generally these OP's are players that are active on the server and who follow the rules, are helpful and that are trustworthy without drawing attention to themselves at the same time.

Server Rules & Regulations:

- Unless otherwise granted the use of high powered explosives is prohibited: TNT, ITNT, Nukes & Nova catalysts/ cataclysms.

- Under no circumstances should anyone grief other players/ steal their stuff/ interfere with their projects or otherwise cause themselves to be an annoyance to the admin team/ other players.

- Any undue/ unjust damage to the landscape as a result of explosive damage or otherwise caused needs to be replaced. IE filling in holes you've made.

- Be respectful of other players/ their buildings and projects and offer a helping hand if you can spare it.

- Don't draw undue/ unnecessary attention to yourself as a player, going out of your way to get noticed, either positively or negatively will seriously reduce your chances of being considered for a government job.

- No killing other players in non PvP zones. Unless the land owned is private and trespasser warnings are clearly displayed. (Government will approve all trespasser warnings.)

Server Details:

Server IP: Hidden* People who message me asking for the IP with their IGN will be added to the whitelist & given the IP.

Server uptime: Server runs 24/7, baring maybe anywhere between 10mins and an hour for resets and backups.

Server Team:

Myself (sprite145) - The boss guy, the server owner.. I'd like to think I'm a fair and lenient guy, just dont brand yourself as a trouble maker and get put in my bad books.

Jamesfle - Second in charge (co-owner) - probably one of the nicest people on the server, very friendly extremely helpful and goes out of his way to help people who are having MC/ Tekkit related problems.

Tren - My government right hand man.. he's technically 3rd in charge, he knows the basics about how Tekkit stuff works, also very helpful and friendly.

Aegis - some ginger guy off youtube? or something.. He doesn't actually know what he is doing on the server, he was head of the milatry, then he moved on to building a train line.. now I have no clue. still a nice guy.

As you can see the regulars on my server all are friendly nice guys which is what I would like any potential members to be, I don't want people to take things to heart you should always enjoy a joke and a bit of banter but know where the line is. Also i expect players on my server to be hardworking and committed to the server ethos and community spirit.

Contact details for futher information/ to be added to the whitelist:

PM me on here/ write a comment on this thread.

Skype: Sprite_145 (If i dont accept you within 48hrs please message me on here saying check your skype.)

Youtube message: www.youtube.com/sprit3145 (I'm not asking you to subscribe to my channel, but I get message notifications on my phone so its a decent port of contact.)

- Steam: Sprite145 (I accept all friend requests and am usually on steam at least once a day to check things, again if i don't add you within 48hrs message me.)

What I will require from you is your Tekkit/ Minecraft in game name so I can add it to the whitelist and when the time is right and ive got a free moment or two i'll give you a tour (which is why skype/ teamspeak will help.) If you wish to get my teamspeak server IP I'll give that to you when you get the server IP.

Tips and tricks to getting noticed for a government role (OP status).

- Firstly and most importantly don't get yourself noticed.. this means jsut go about your daily business and be an upstanding member of the community. Doing so without drawing attention to yourself will put ticks in the right boxes.

- Help new players/ Players that arnt too familiar with all aspects of tekkit. Every players has their strong and weak points in Tekkit, maybe your strong area is something someone else can't get to grips with.

- Play by the rules, this will help the current admin team determine your level of commitment and trust.

- Be active, what annoys me more than anything is people who want the high ranking, trusted positions that are on maybe once or twice a week, I can understand if your at school during the day or timezones, but a little bit of notice and we will be able to work something out. Just a message saying something along the lines of "hey I cant make it on this weekend because I'm at my Aunts" or "I cant make it on all the time during the week because of school." this'll just help me determine when people are going to be on.

The server:

The server, as detailed before is a roleplay server, everyone has a job/ role to fulfill and there are members of the government that oversee the community in general. The government pays everyone who is working wages, players pay taxes to the government as well as any fines that they may incur. The default currency for the server is Industrial Credits (IC) but certain ores/ gems are transferable into credits, the bank deals with transfers.

Jobs that are available:

Woodcutter/ forester.

Miner

Solider

Nuclear Technician (OP required)

Head of the military (OP required)

Bank staff

Farmer

Fisherman/ boat store owner

Supermarket owner

Prison officer/ warden (OP required)

Construction supplies office owner

As you can see there is a multitude of jobs ready for people to fit into.. obviously this is a shortened list of a few of the jobs and over the course of the server being active many more jobs will become available.

Pictures of the server:

- The military base.

2012-10-09_160030.png

2012-10-09_160042.png + head of the military's house.

- My house - in the middle of no street, my house.

2012-10-09_160057.png

2012-10-09_160106.png

- The bank & Supermarket

2012-10-09_160115.png

2012-10-09_160136.png

2012-10-09_160142.png

2012-10-09_160308.png

- The train station

2012-10-09_160805.png

- The mining facility external

2012-10-09_160609.png

2012-10-09_160620.png

- Mining facility internal

2012-10-09_160700.png

2012-10-09_160712.png

2012-10-09_160706.png

- The spawn (subject to change)

2012-10-09_174159.png

2012-10-09_174136.png

There is still plenty of things to be added/ changed and with new members with fresh ideas hopefully we can make something amazing happen.

Future plans:

Add a variety of different plugins to help the server run smoothly IE admin tools/ grief prevention so on and so forth, will add a full list of plugins once they are installed.

i read all the rules and info up top and this server seems to be the nicest sounding one ive seen for over 2 moths, i would like to play with an active, friendly community on a tekkit sevrre so this server seems perfect, please whitelist me so i can get on and tell u how much i like the sevrer!

im on almost all the time over the weekend, on weekdays i have school so i wont be on till later, and my time zone is eastern time (Maryland)

IGN:superwafflefry

(i have teamspeak, steam, and skype)

Hey, i read all the rules and the server looks pretty cool, i really wanna get on this kinda server to play with my friend superwafflefry. i have steam and skype and my ingame name is DrunkinCover Not DrunkenCover

(me and superwafflefry both live in MD so we have the same timezone)

Thanks.

Hey, i read all the rules and the server looks pretty cool, i really wanna get on this kinda server to play with my friend superwafflefry. i have steam and skype and my ingame name is DrunkinCover Not DrunkenCover

(me and superwafflefry both live in MD so we have the same timezone)

Thanks.

You've been added to the whitelist, ask super for the IP otherwise PM me for it.

• 3 weeks later...

hello there server admin, i would like to join your server. I have read all the rules, and agree, i think this is the server ive been looking for weeks! i want to play with my friend mustamakkara and we found this. i have steam and skype, my ingame name is jeppa. btw, we are huge tekkit rp fans :D

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons