Nether Ores broken?

Piranah1

I just started a little hamachi server with some friends, but when i tried to load the tekkit server at first, it said the nether ores class files were invalid and didn't work. When i removed the nether ores mod, it worked fine, but i was wondering if there is any way to fix this bug or if anyone else is experiencing it. Thanks in advance.

I had that same issue trying to run tekkit 3.1.2 server in Linux with openjdk-6 (which works for minecraft client/server and tekkit client). I changed the file extension of mod_NetherOres.jar to something else (.jar-bu), so it would be ignored, and the server was then able to start and everything else seemed to work fine. From what I hear, that particular mod apparently requires Java 7 for some reason, but I have not tried that or openjdk-7 yet.

I have heard people mention that if they upgrade to Java 7 they have trouble running the client in Java 7, but not sure what other mods they have. On a client using openjdk-6 I have no trouble seeing nether ores on a public server where that is working. But I have not actually mined many nether ores, because I just went there for blaze rods, magma creme, netherwarts, and ghast tears. I found plenty of ores in the overworld.

I have not actually mined many nether ores, because I just went there for blaze rods, magma creme, netherwarts, and ghast tears. I found plenty of ores in the overworld.

Nether Ores generate way more when you macerate them. You can get something like 6 ore for one of them, I think, and twice as many diamonds.

• 3 weeks later...

Ubuntu is free and will probably run on your mac though it would be a rather complex fix for something like this. Otherwise do any of your friends have a computer that could host instead of you doing it? I'm with theprolo, mining ores in the nether is where its at. You don't have to screw up the main world either with huge mining operations.