Need help with McEdit please

Niklas122

Hi!

Im using tekkit ( technic) since a long time and a few days ago i used in Technic the first time Teleport Pipes. But then my game crashed and i can't play on my world anymore ( Im loading the World .. 5 Sec ingame .. " Saving Chunks " .. game shuts down.)

Now i want to remove the Pipes in MCEdit but if i try to all my Tekkit stuff converts into Bookshelfs and Lava o.O. Im also looking for a solution for this problem because i think this is going to happen again if i'll put down a teleport Pipe again.

SHORT FORM:

- Want to use/remove Tekkit Blocks in MCEdit

- Want to fix the problem with Teleport Pipes crashing my game

I know that this is the Tekkit Forum but i hope everyone can help me. Otherwise my World is lost :(

Thanks

Niklas122

What andrew said... But if it can help, teleport pipes can be replaced with ender chests if you want to move items, ender chests, buckets and deployer if you use liquid and ender chests, lapotron crystals and MFSU's if you want to move power.

What andrew said... But if it can help, teleport pipes can be replaced with ender chests if you want to move items, ender chests, buckets and deployer if you use liquid and ender chests, lapotron crystals and MFSU's if you want to move power.

Mhmm ok thanks for your answer. I think i mainly understand what you're telling me ^^

But how can i get into my world again? I cant replace them becaue it crashes everytime :(

You can't. Unless you have a backup of your world from before you placed the teleport pipe, you're screwed. Don't delete the world save though, as I might think of a way to fix your problem. I need to go look into what happens when you remove a mod without removing it's blocks and items first...

Okay, here's what you need to do.

First, make a backup of the current save, just in case we need it.

Then, remove the the teleport pipes mod from technic

Launch technic. If it tells you to update ignore it.

Open your world. The teleport pipes should now have become random blocks.

Remove the blocks that have replaced the teleport pipes.

Make a back up of the new world.

Reinstall technic.

Open the new map.

It should be the same as the original, minus the teleport pipes.

Ok.. Thanks for your posts.

That sounds good Greenwolf, my only problem is i can't realy find the Teleportpipes mod folder.

My path is at the moment AppDataRoaming.techniclaunchertechnicsspmods.

Which Zip Folder do i have to delete now please?

And is there a way to fix the teleport pipes after that ? I think teleport Pipese are very usefull and dont wanna lose them :(

Since this is Tekkit, you'll want to go into the Tekkit folder rather than the Technicssp version.

Please read my post first .. I said that i need help for the Technicssp. I know that this is the Tekkit forum but as you can see here are a lot more people who answer me .. I made almost the same post in the Technic Forum and didnt get a single answer.

Ok.. Thanks for your posts.

That sounds good Greenwolf, my only problem is i can't realy find the Teleportpipes mod folder.

My path is at the moment \AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\mods.

Which Zip Folder do i have to delete now please?

And is there a way to fix the teleport pipes after that ? I think teleport Pipese are very usefull and dont wanna lose them :(

Okay, the folder you need to delete should be called

buildcraft-client-DA-additionalpipes-3.1.0.zip

As for fixing teleport pipes, I suggest you just use enderchests instead, as they also work across dimensions.

okay, try this. Make sure to make a back up before you start.

Reinstall technic (so you have all the mods)

Find the config file for the teleport pipes

Change the block ids for teleport pipes to something else (preferably something not used by another mod already)

Open your world

The teleport pipes should have either disappeared or changed into another block. *

The next steps are optional, but they are advised.

If they have changed into new blocks, remove those blocks.

If you have removed all the blocks, reset the teleport pipes config file (this is doe bu deleong it and relaunching technic)

If they have disappeared, try placing blocks where they were. If you can, reset the config file.

Open your world. *

It should be fixed.

lines with a * after them designate places you should make a backup.

Please read my post first .. I said that i need help for the Technicssp. I know that this is the Tekkit forum but as you can see here are a lot more people who answer me .. I made almost the same post in the Technic Forum and didnt get a single answer.

This right here is why I will not be helping you. Did you ever think that the correct sections exist for a reason?

This right here is why I will not be helping you. Did you ever think that the correct sections exist for a reason?

Shoo. I'm trying to help this person and you're not making it easier. I think he realizes that he posted in the wring section, but he's already received help here, and making a new post in the "correct" section would be pointless, maybe even double posting.

Shoo. I'm trying to help this person and you're not making it easier. I think he realizes that he posted in the wring section, but he's already received help here, and making a new post in the "correct" section would be pointless, maybe even double posting.

:sigh: Fine.... Carry on.

OOOOOOOOKAY .. I tried what you told me GreenWolf. It crashed my Tekkit ^^

But then i had an idea because i downloaded a fresh version of tekkit. I experimented arround and found the problem .. it was so simple.

I think the crash wasnt caused by the teleport pipes. It was the Energy Link! ... I installed the Energylink mod manually because some of the stuff of the mod wasnt there.

I think i fixed it now. Thank you very much.

My last but not least problem is now : Do i can transfer Buildcraft Energy into IndustrialCraft Energy somehow? (since the Energy Link crashes my Tekkit^^)

I'm glad you fixed your problem. My solutions were focused on removing teleport pipes and freeing up the ID so that id resolver would delete the blocks. It's good to know that they don't work though, as it shows that there are issues with id resolver. As for converting BC energy into IC energy, you don't use an energy link. You should use an engine generator instead. The energy link is just for converting from IC to BC power.