Why Equivalent Exchange mod should be exluded from tekkit

AdrenalineON

When I first delved into tekkit several months ago I was very keen to build factories in SMP servers. However, after a while I noticed that people just condensed everything they ever needed. Players could build gem armour that was on scale with quantum. All of the other mods seemed pointless in comparison to EE.

They say a picture shows a thousand words, well hopefully this picture conveys what I'm trying to say.

I took this picture after 8 hours of logging into a random server. Notice all of the condensers dwarfing other mod's uses ie blockbreaking under snowman and compressing the snow into ice for reactor cooling, quarries for recyclers, pumping lava for the geothermal generator.

21e5cea.jpg

Another measure is to change the balance of EE, which is what pahimar is working on with EE3. The changes will be interesting (when it is actually released that is.) EE2 will not be in any future versions of Technic or tekkit, but EE3 will be (due to EE2 not being for any minecraft versions past 1.2.5)

Although I'm on the agreement that many people are actually missing out because EE is the easy way out. I also recognise people can play how they damn well want.

I just can't help but get the feeling that EE misses the criteria of being 'up to scratch', what with it being hugely imbalanced with the other mods, and there being very little people can do to change things like EMC values.

Why that's not a feature for server owners is beyond me.

If something is hugely imbalanced, I'm cool with it being in Technic, but if lots of servers and people that play almost exclusively online come over here and scream about it, then something's wrong.

I hope EE3 changes that.