EE2 Or EE3?

agrox027

SO, ee2 I like the mod for technic and tekkit, its a good mod albeit op at times its popular but recently in the ee community there is a new challenger to EE2 its the EE3 Upgrade! Now whats the difference I hear you ask? Quite a lot, EMC will have a complete overhaul, philosophers stone's recipe's are coming back and you're going "Sweet!" BUT They have decided to take down our beloved condensors our sacred red matter and our dear collectors! So now, we have to work! No just joking I like working but I want your opinion? What do you like more? What one do you want to stay in technic, tekkit? EE2 Or EE3?

-Discuss below! I quite like EE2 and I hope the technic team keep that one.

right now, EE3 is pretty much just a portable crafting table from what I can tell. we'll see how it turns out as it moves forward. honestly with the SMP/SSP merge, thaumcraft does a lot of what EE did and does it in an awesome and cooler way. it's really too early to judge though because EE3 is hardly close to complete

Warp you are right although it does have some fun parts like the rings it adds some functionality , I quite like the idea but maybe that's just me and as you said freakachu it is pretty much that but I never really got to grips with thaumcraft, mainly because I hate playing alone in single player!

In the back of my mind, I found Condensers to be a bit OP. I didn't have to do much since I could condense everything.

I still loved them though. Oh well, I haven't read up on it, perhaps they're replacing it with something different but similar.

EE3 is an improvement because of the collectors/condensers being removed. They destroy any possibility of an "economy", by inflating it exponentially. There is so much controversy over the subject that will be gone since the collectors/condensers are not in EE3. Currently, disabling or limiting them at all will make most of the players on a server leave, and a significant amount of tekkit players will not join a server unless EE is enabled. So if you want to run a server, you have to decide if you want lots of people, donations, ram, and a horrible community/economy, or if you want the opposite. Note: This is just my opinion as a server owner. I currently have ee limited to 17 collectors of each mk, unlimited condensers.

I always wished someone would port the final version of EE1 up to current minecraft. I always thought it played nicer with everything else.

You mean the one with the aggregators? That was actually VERY cool and amazing when I was a newblet. It was the first mod i got! :D

You mean the one with the aggregators? That was actually VERY cool and amazing when I was a newblet. It was the first mod i got! :D

That's the one. It just felt like it was more magical. It left the machine building to other mods. The last fortress i really loved was my EE1/Buildcraft fortress.

That's the one. It just felt like it was more magical. It left the machine building to other mods. The last fortress i really loved was my EE1/Buildcraft fortress.

Also, the 512 cobble to 1 diamond was more... generous then the current EE and balances out collectors/condensors.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Leave the dead be vile necromancer, your sorcerous ways shall gain ye no power here.."?

now just what the hell is happening.

anyways, i havnt seen a lot from ee3 yet. only a few non-working blocks, the minus stone, phil stone, those dust things and the alch. bags. not enough for me to judge.

i hope it is waay less overpowered than ee2. and easier to protect against on servers.