[3.1.2]Roadwolf's Server[PvE-RP Friendly][20 Slot]Dedicated Dell Server

Roadwolf

I would like to welcome anyone who is interested in regional survival game play to come join my server. The server seed is amazing, and features a massive ocean that is about 2000 meters wide at its narrowest explored spot. The ocean features many realistic decent sized islands, which would be perfect for someones secret outpost or island home. The mainland is also fairly large and there is much to be explored.

tekkits.png

The general idea with this server is that everyone gets a Town or Region to take care of. This allows for people to spread out and quarry without disturbing others who may prefer mining by hand or with turtles. The regions aren't well defined, except at their centers. Town sites are situated often no closer then 300 meters. There is no PvP at the moment, but a storyline and roleplaying style of PvP or regional warfare may be in the cards for the future.

Several town sites are marked, as I discover them. As an explorer, you may also scout out new town sites and mark them with a torch and sign, naming the town/hill/body of water. They will differ in what local resources are available. So you are asked to specify what style of play, and what resources you desire in your application. The main town is called Mahihkan, and is located next to Spawn and the Nether Portal. Roads and lighted paths are being made to each town from the main Spawn.

Current Map: http://www.roadwolf.ca/files/minecraft/SERVER.rar

New Options:

Town Hubs can be agreed upon by local collective of players, and a mayor can be decided between those players. The Town Hub may encompass the area of all of the players land, combined and anyone within that town may build anywhere given that it is agreed upon and okay'ed with the Mayor. Town hubs do grant more freedom, and even allow for a larger sphere of separation from other new player spawn points, thus allowing a larger space between major town hubs.

Technical Specs:

This server is hosted in the Buffalo, NY area over a Business Class cable internet connection. The server itself is a Dell PowerEdge 850 Rack Mounted Server. This is the only application running on this server.

The IP: minecraft.roadwolf.ca

Processor: Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz

Memory: 4GB ECC RAM

Hard Drives: Dual WDC WD2500AAKX-001CA0 ATA (250GB x 2)

This server is backed up every 30 minutes. It also has a 24/7 uptime.

I am sure the server and connection is capable of more then 20 slots, but that is what it is set at for now. This server has hosted a 24 slot TF2 server, and an 8 slot L4D2 Server at the same time in the past.

Server Rules:

1. This is a survival based server. Therefore players must expect to not receive or be able to get any free items. Even Admins are expected to play within their own game play, using the tools they create from the items they mine.
  2. Admins or Regional leaders may be allowed free items for building inter-town infrastructure.
  3. This is considered an 18+ server. Therefore conversation in chat, and content design is not regulated. However abuse of other players will not be tolerated.
  4. Players may build any item they see fit within their building area (usually extends about 100 meters in ay direction from the Town Center, but may be larger in some cases, or combined with another town if both players agree). This includes 2D pixel art.
  5. Damaging another players creations is not allowed unless the player is online at the time, and consents to PvP. If creations are accidentally damaged, the offending player must try to rebuild them as best they can, or compensate with a reasonable trade of goods. Violators will be banned.
  6. PvP is allowed if someone is trespassing on your land. PvP is also allowed in self defense or if the two parties have consented to battle. However PvP which is undesired or spawn camping, is not allowed. Violators will be banned.
  7. Players are asked to try to limit their use of World Anchors to no more then 5.
  8. Items in chests within structures are to be considered private unless a sign says otherwise. Respect other peoples hard earned items.
  9. Items in chests outside, are considered public.
  10. Traps or setups which are designed to trap or kill a player, are not allowed except as defense within your own structures.
  11. Unclaimed areas or resources are fair game.
  12. Roads are considered public. Do not steal from them.
  13. All players may build / mine / destroy anything within 150 meters radius of their own town post. If you wish to build / mine / destroy outside of your town limits, be sure it won't effect anyone else, or co-ordinate with anyone it may/has affected, in order to resolve potential land conflicts. Additionally, land which is already developed can retain squatters rights anywhere within a 50 meter radius, over new development.
  14. Town hubs may be created which merge all the town sites of the players in agreement of this partnership. Each player in the town hub partnership can build anywhere within the town hub. Town Hubs may have a radius no larger then 500 meters.
  15. Mayors must work on developing infrastructure (roads, bridges, landscaping...) of the biomes affected by their Town Hub.

TEKKIT1s.png

Community:

This server has a history of being the server for an old TF2 clan called the Flying Circus / FLC. Some of the players on the server are people who were formerly involved in that clan with myself. Others are personal friends of mine in real life. I do hope to make new friends through the server.

Admins:

Roadwolf

ColonelFox

Grodous111

A TeamSpeak server may be set up for this server, if the need arises. At the moment, Skype is commonly used. My Skype is roadwolf611

Applications:

Applications can be sent via email to me and must include the following:

1. Your Minecraft username.
  2. Your age.
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth).
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource?
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you.

If approved, a file will be added on the server for you, and you will be located at your assigned town site. When you log in you will have some basics and you will be at your starting site, with a small shelter and bed. You should make a waypoint for your town, if one doesn't exist.

People are added in phases, about once a week or so. Please be patient.

Anyone interested please email me at [email protected] with your application. Thanks smile.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Your Minecraft username.markai
  2. Your age.18
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth).Minnepolis,MN
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Forests and Birchwood
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. I like playing in friendly tekkit servers and focus mostly on building cool structures that work well with tekkit.

1. Your Minecraft username. Stavex92
  2. Your age. 20
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth). Belgium (Europe)
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Jungle and rubber trees
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. First I make a base for myself. After that I will make some tekkit structures that other people can use.

1. Your Minecraft Username. Ultimate_Rush

2. Your age. 14

3. Your general location in the world (Earth). The Netherlands (Europe)

4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Plains and rubber trees

5. A general description of your idea playstyle and any other information about you. I usually start making a fairly big base, then I start making some farms, distilleries etc... Just because I am 14 doesn't mean I am some immature kid that will go all caps for no reason. I am very mature and you will see I am if I ever get accepted to the server.

1. Your Minecraft Username. hollythedog

2.Your age. 20

3. Your general location in the world (earth). the Netherlands (Europe)

4.Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired resource? Plains and rubber trees

5. A general description of your idea play style and any other information about you. I always start by making a normal minecraft base and start getting some resources. then I would start the basic tekkit stuff, making a condenser, macerator and an electric furnace. I would only make a nuclear reactor if I am really far and DM armor is banned

1. Your Minecraft username. NoobMedBoob
  2. Your age. 17
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth). Sweden
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Close to a jungle or mountain biome.
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. Since I found tekkit I'm having troubles enjoying normal minecraft because I feel so much is missing.
    I like to build farms of different kinds to gather EMC.

1. Your Minecraft username. noahwhygodwhy
  2. Your age. 16
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth). United States, Texas
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Probably volcano/jungle. Desired resource: Diamonds. This is minecraft right? Otherwise: oil.
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. I like to go steadily through all the mods until finally reaching EE when i start to build the really huge stuff.
  6. If you see samonjourus apply, he's a pretty cool guy, good record, I like to work with him on builds. When the last server we were on went down we decided to stay together.

1. Your Minecraft username. samonjourus
  2. Your age. 15
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth). America, DC
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? With Noahwhygodwhy =3
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. I played tekkit for a bit and am pretty experianced, i want to make a city of sorts.

1. Your Minecraft username: Xanadeboi
  2. Your age: 20
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth): Portugal
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? The once thing i love the most on minecraftm i dont have to love one place, i love all the biomes and i try to play everytime on a diferent one! So, everyhting is fine by me! What would be minecraft wwithout its diamonds, i know its cheesy but there u go!
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you:

I use alot skype to play games, so count me in a chatter guy ;DThing is, i didnt get to play much tekkit yet. Ive just been watching some yoogcast about it and felt very interested and so far ive only played in about 1 server with a friend, but laged a lot!

So, im not very experienced player on tekkit, thats wy im aplying here, im shure there must be someone who is willing to have a tekkit pupil like me! This server has low slots wich is hat im looking for since I can get to know ppl and actually build stuff with others, make friends, learn and more important HAVE FUN, this is a game after all right? ;D

Im a well spoken led, even though im not native english i can do a decent job,

im funny, never griefed in my life, reponsable and i love the game. I learn fast and ppl can always count on me,

love to help others and just hang out"! LOve to make objectives with friends and just go for it in a wild adventure!

Even if its only for getting some coal! xD

I can play for shure 3H a day at least, im in collage and need to study, I also play other games but im shure

ill get hooked up on tekkit and just play this non stop for a couple os weeks =P

1. Your Minecraft username: Kittyara_777
  2. Your age: 14
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth): USA, DC
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource: I like to start in the plains with a local resource of grass, trees, livestock, and definetly coal
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you: I do mostly farming, herding, and building and I enjoy playing on group servers because it helps me to learn more minecraft tactics besides the ones i already know.Its also really boring playing by yourself.

• Your Minecraft username. pluto7443
  • Your age. 15 (but I am really mature)
  • Your general location in the world (Earth). Ontario
  • Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Snow biome island, lots of ores, preferably on top of a stronghold
  • A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. I like to build up a nice base, then go adventuring as a nomad, but also have a top of the line base to call home

Your Minecraft username: Foomister

Your age: 16

Your general location in the world (Earth): Iowa, USA

Your ideal starting area/biome: Either a plain, or a hilly region, I like to build large structures, and to build caves.

A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you: I like to try and automate everything I do, and would be excited to see how others have automated their styles.

Minecraft Username: Hmmmmmm37

General location in the world: Atlanta, GA

Ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource: mountains and Coal/iron/Rubber

A general description of your ideal playstyle and other info: I like condensers and the land to look pretty. I also like automated things but am not good at them.

1. Your Minecraft username. KingBoland
  2. Your age. 16
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth). Newfoundland, Canada
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? I would like to start in a extreme hills biome with rubber and coal
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you.

hey you know you can get an IP from no-ip.com? there is a little tool you download and that tool will constantly notify no-ip of your current IP address, that way you can keep the dynamic IP and not have to worry about constantly updating what the IP has changed to, till you get a static one. Just a thought, hope it helps.

additionally I sent you an app via your email. If you still have an opening I would love to be considered.

1. Your Minecraft username. chal01
  2. Your age. 17
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth). Des Moines, IA
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Desert and Lava/oil/Cactus
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. I Rush EE while i do that, i build a base, then when im done with EE, I'll work on my base, IC and BC.

1. Your Minecraft username: IzahShados
  2. Your age: Eighteen.
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth): New Zealand.
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource: I quite like a quaint little shack in the middle of a valley on an island. That was an ideal place for me but usually somewhere in the mountains is nice. Most desired local resource? Well as an easy one, wood would be very helpful.
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you: I usually like to play vanilla style and am very particular about trust of others and protecting things of mine. A concern I do have though, is the IP address. But I suppose we can discuss that matter if I get accepted.

1. Your Minecraft username. : Natog
  2. Your age : 16 Next Month.
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth) : London
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? : I have a habit of making a house in ravines, making them safe and then constructing a nice build in one of the walls. The biome... maybe desert. Can't stand rain. It's so loud. Most desired resource... most likely emeralds. Nice resource to burn through, basically a diamond pick, but without the ability to mine diamonds. Love the stuff. Sapphire comes in a close second.
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you: In Tekkit, I tend to use EE more than IC2, Buildcraft, All that junk. I think the game gets a little too easy when you have 25 stacks of red matter and everything is invaluable, so I try to progress slowly, build a nice house, get a farm going, all the vanilla Minecraft aspects.

1.Your Minecraft username. MaximusPrime3

2.Your age.13 (I'm mature, and will understand if not accepted because I am to young)

3.Your general location in the world (Earth).Fargo,ND

4.Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Plains with any kind of forest(not jungle)nearby

4/2. either iron,copper and tin together, or diamond

5.A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. I like settling down a place with a cave system and room to build a city

5/2. not much else to say

1. Your Minecraft username. LordofBiscuits
  2. Your age. 21
  3. Your general location in the world (Earth). Georgia, US.
  4. Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Snow, for sure. I love to build in snowy, mountainous biomes, mostly just because it looks pretty. And my most desired resource from a snowy biome is the wood. I like the darker colored pine wood.
  5. A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. Generally, I play for a few hours at a time, when I'm really into playing minecraft. (I usually play games in cycles in which I'll get bored of one and move onto another contiously, and right now, minecraft is what I prefer to play.) In game, I usually find a unique-looking area before I begin building, and when I find the spot, I'll begin stockpiling food before I do any actual building on the spot. There isn't a lot of additional information about me besides that on Friday and Saturday, I have work and will not be playing during that time.

Hopefully, this was exactly what you were looking for as far as answers are concerned. Thanks for reading.

Your Minecraft username. Mynameisak

Your age. 18

Your general location in the world (Earth). England

Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Slightly Hilly plains next to an ocean (provides the best view in my opinion) and Redstone would be my most desired resource.

A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you. My ideal playstyle is to try to use as little of EE as possible (find it too easy) and to use Redpower to its maximum capabilities whilst still building a home (and maybe small town) I can be proud to live in.

• Your Minecraft username. Telamon1
  • Your age. 18
  • Your general location in the world (Earth). New York, US
  • Your ideal starting area/biome, and most desired local resource? Swamp.
  • 4 Part 2: Flat area, caves, and trees. Preferably some rubber.
  • A general description of your ideal playstyle and any other information about you: I try to build things that are not only functional, but look good. I go for a balanced playstyle, using the mods together instead of separately.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons