All mighty Launcher

krashek

So, on our server, we have that "friend".

He is saying that he has a universal launcher, and can login on any account he wants, without providing the password. So in theory he can login on my account and unban himself or whatever.

He has been one time already on friends account who is the owner of the server.

So my question is, is there another line of defense to be able to put up on server? Or anything similar to prevent that "friend" to coming on server?

PS: I am sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I did not know where else to put it.

Quick disclaimer, I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to running a server, but I hear IP banning is a thing. Again, talking out of my ass, but I'm inclined to believe that would solve your problem unless he has a dynamic IP.

He's not catering to piracy, he's asking if you know of any name-protect Bukkit plugins. I think it's a perfectly reasonable question, and I personally don't have an answer.

i'm sorry? did you fall out of the stupid tree this morning? There's no name protect bukkits out there because the vanilla client already provides login protection for names.

It is because of one friend. Well, it is not cracked, but it is in offline mode. But I think that is the same.

He's not catering to piracy, he's asking if you know of any name-protect Bukkit plugins. I think it's a perfectly reasonable question, and I personally don't have an answer.

I'm pretty sure this means he is, in fact, catering to piracy.

Actually, he is catering to piracy, as he admits his server is in offline mode so that one of his "friends" (not the one that is hacking) can play without buying Minecraft.

Edit: Ninja'd by Torezu.

I withdraw my question and I am sorry. I do know that it is not allowed to ask about "cracked" stuff here or on any other original MC forums.

I did not want to talk about piracy or anything. It is just that I do have original MC, for 2 years now, and there are some who do, but some don't.

We will find our own way to protect the server, thank you for trying to help, and if you would be so kind, do not ban me, as I will withdraw my question. Thank you.

I withdraw my question and I am sorry. I do know that it is not allowed to ask about "cracked" stuff here or on any other original MC forums.

I did not want to talk about piracy or anything. It is just that I do have original MC, for 2 years now, and there are some who do, but some don't.

We will find our own way to protect the server, thank you for trying to help, and if you would be so kind, do not ban me, as I will withdraw my question. Thank you.

The only legitimate solution is to make it so that those who do not, do. Make your server legit. If a certain friend can't afford the game, you could always chip in to buy him a gift code if you really want to keep him around.

If a certain friend can't afford the game, you could always chip in to buy him a gift code if you really want to keep him around.

This. It's what I did, back before the official full release, for one of my friend's who's not able to financially justify game purchases.