Disconnected.overflow help!!!!

Thecheatgamer1

Hi i am the owner of the IIC server and for some very odd reason my players keeps disconnecting after about 60 seconds anf i see the disconnected.overflow

i need to fix this right away due to around 100 people want to come on my server

Here is my server log

http://pastebin.com/EKUb2n2V

the log is long

i dont think it will be any of my plugins im sure but check just incase

anyone who solves the problem will get executive rank on my server for life

I think this is a problem when the server has a buildcraft machine dropping items on the ground. I remember having this issue back when tekkit was in 2.x but I can't quite remember how I fixed it. I would see how many entities you have in the world (If you have essentials, use /gc) then if its over 3k-4k use /remove items 900000 (Just a really high, random number will work)

Hope you get this worked out man!

I think this is a problem when the server has a buildcraft machine dropping items on the ground. I remember having this issue back when tekkit was in 2.x but I can't quite remember how I fixed it. I would see how many entities you have in the world (If you have essentials, use /gc) then if its over 3k-4k use /remove items 900000 (Just a really high, random number will work)

Hope you get this worked out man!

i have nothing being drops by pipes

it can stack in between 2 iron pipe, too, and yo cant even clean it with normel dropp cleaner

also try to give more memory to your tekkit client, i prefer 4 gb

also check /memory to see how many entities around

for 10 players i usually get a lover then 1000 number, if a factory spitting crap then its mutch higher

also they are at the same position roughly, so i would check around there

i once had a player stacked 3000 entities on a pipe, result was the same, doroppen in a fev sec if someone was around it

Every item in a BC pipe is treated as if it is on the ground, not in a pipe. Problem is, it is still in a pipe and the "/remove items" just won't move it.

So that Blaze Rod Farm that people think is so incredibly awesome? Lags the piss outta every server it is on. That awesome sorting machine someone built using BC pipes? Should've used Redstone Tubes.

Every item in a BC pipe is treated as if it is on the ground, not in a pipe. Problem is, it is still in a pipe and the "/remove items" just won't move it.

So that Blaze Rod Farm that people think is so incredibly awesome? Lags the piss outta every server it is on. That awesome sorting machine someone built using BC pipes? Should've used Redstone Tubes.

That's actually not true, and a very common misconception. Items inside buildcraft pipes are an instance of a buildcraft class called EntityPassiveItem which is wrapped inside the EntityData class when moving throughout the pipe network, despite both classes names, neither class is a true entity as they do not exist in any entity container within the minecraft server other than buildcraft's own, and neither extend the vanilla Entity class.

But that's not the point, the main issue with disconnect.overflow is why it actually arises, which is when there is 1048576 bytes (1MB) of data pending to be sent to the client's socket, this can happen for various reasons the top 2 are usually the server's connection is too slow to send the data or the client's connection is too slow to receive it at a rate high enough to clear the buffer.

The best way to eliminate this issue is to examine what on your server is sending so much data, if it is buildcraft pipes then you can configure the network update rate in the buildcraft configuration, however if it is redpower tubes you are shit out of luck and will have to tell the owner of said pipes to slow down their timer or scale back their machine(s). Large amounts of drops on the ground is a possibility but the amount of drops would have to be extremely large as item entity updates are sent to the client periodically not every tick and so shouldn't actually cause that issue.

Well dang Jelato, thank you for stepping in and fixing my misconception =) I was definitely operating under the assumption that BC pipes were inherently "broken" somehow and caused massive lag moving items. Best to do my homework before suggesting fixes!

@Jelato.

I'm having the same problem. I've got a rediculous HV Solar array factory with alot of timers, machines and redpower tubes. Is there any way to increase the server's speed for sending this data? I host my server on the same machine.

Could you just turn up the timers a bit? I've noticed that in my factories that I didn't really NEED all the timers running at .05 seconds. This will also help with this question:

Are you using Transposers or Filters to move items to/from chests? I have noticed that if I use a Filter and set it to pull out a stack of items instead of 1 at a time, that my lag was reduced significantly. If you don't mind waiting that extra minute, you won't have to deal with all the timers going off all the time.

Are there any areas that you can eliminate a Timer all-together? Would it be alright to run some red alloy wire/redstone from a central timer? For instance, if you have 6 timers all set to .5 seconds, can you use 1 Timer, locate it centrally, and then run wires from it?

I hope that helped a little bit, just my 2 cents.

Hey krizmac,

I've actually tried reducing the amount of timers by using about 10 central timers instead of 50 using red alloy wire. Yet this only made it worse. It seems like 5 timers right next to disposers and timers causes alot less lagg then using 1 timer and running wire to the different transposers/timers. I don't know why this is.

I'm using a combination of filters and transposers. On some occasions, using filters is not an option since there's tubes running next to them, filling them up. I use tranposers in those cases, which don't have an inventory slot.

I actually do need most of my timers on 0.2secs. That's the thing I take pride on about this factory, it produces about 150 solar panels per minute.

I'm just wondering if there's any way that doesn't involve rearranging my factory that can enhance performance of my server.

Even though this is not the issue at hand, though posted as a reason for the overflow, I'd like to suggest a fix for item blocks filling the map and causing overflow issues.To fix overflow simply do this:

1. Take the server map folder and place it into your client single player map folders.
  2. Open the game and go directly into inventory and to options.
  3. Select the option that disables blocks being formed on the ground when dropped.
  4. Go back to the map and proceed to the point where you had the overflow, this should no longer lag if you fixed the issue.
  5. Deactivate the source of the moving blocks in the pipe that caused the overflow issue.
  6. reactivate blocks in the inventory menu.
  7. exit game and move your folder back into the server folders.
  8. Relaunch and all shall be fine.

Consider telling your users to consider being careful when using quarries or recylers etc.

To fix overflow simply do this:

1. Take the server map folder and place it into your client single player map folders.
  2. Open the game and go directly into inventory and to options.
  3. Select the option that disables blocks being formed on the ground when dropped.
  4. Go back to the map and proceed to the point where you had the overflow, this should no longer lag if you fixed the issue.
  5. Deactivate the source of the moving blocks in the pipe that caused the overflow issue.
  6. reactivate blocks in the inventory menu.
  7. exit game and move your folder back into the server folders.
  8. Relaunch and all shall be fine.

Consider telling your users to consider being careful when using quarries or recylers etc.

It's not actually overflow in the sense that stuff is spilling out of pipes that is causing the lagg. It's the error that's called disconnect.overflow. The error is actually caused by there being too much data to process by the server/client (apparently) because of alot of redpower tubes, timers and wires being active at the same time

It's not actually overflow in the sense that stuff is spilling out of pipes that is causing the lagg. It's the error that's called disconnect.overflow. The error is actually caused by there being too much data to process by the server/client (apparently) because of alot of redpower tubes, timers and wires being active at the same time

I edited my post to account for the hasty reply to the OP's issue. Sounded very familiar as the first few posts suggested that was the issue and I was too eager to offer help. After posting that fix I went onto read after I spotted the word 'Timers'.

Excessive use of Redpower and redstone is damaging towards a server in stability, and should be used sparingly. Otherwise I would have a small box with a redpower computer infront of me, and myself controlling every action within my industry. Just now I use it to Iris my Netherportal and open/close my main gate :P

Non off this is working

Connection speed is 7mb

buildcraft says in the console that no buildcraft data is being used due to there isnt any items from the mod placed

timers and redstone tubes there isnt any but there is 1 timer were i duplicate things

and this started happening about 1 week after i opened the servers new world but nothing is being dropped or anything

when i do everything you said it doesnt do any better and also i might edit the servers mod files