MFE, Quarry and Machines

Nimoio

Hej everyone !

I've got a problem with my energy setup in my base, let me explain :

I have a MV Solar Array providing EU, which I store in a MFE. This MFE is connected (with a LV Transformer) to my machines (a Macerator, an Electric Furnace, an Extractor and a Compressor) and to an Energy Link which is connected via a conductive teleport pipe to a Quarry.

Then here it comes : even if my MFE is full of EU, when my Quarry is running, my other machines (Macerator, etc.) are not recieving any EU. I find it kind of weird, isn't it ?

Do you have any suggestion to prevent this issue ?

Yes, I would think so, but look : my MFE was full of EU (and my Solar Array providing a little more than enough for my Quarry), so why wouldn't my machines (Macerator, etc.) have used the power that has been accumulated in the MFE ? It is that, I find strange.

I have a MV Solar Array providing EU, which I store in a MFE. This MFE is connected (with a LV Transformer) to my machines (a Macerator, an Electric Furnace, an Extractor and a Compressor) and to an Energy Link which is connected via a conductive teleport pipe to a Quarry.

There is your problem, connect the energylink to MV, not via the LV transformer. Energylink will draw up to 72 EU/t, and the LV transformer only produces 32 EU/t. I know will work as I use that setup myself.

First time I put it behind my machines, and it worked. Later, I've read that the Energy Link will try to drain up to 72EU/t, so I put it behind a Batbox, in order to make it only drain at most 32EU/t (enough to make my Quarry and a Refinery work at decent speeds).

But I though like fabricator77 that with only the LV Transformer, it should work in the first place, when my Energy Link was before my machines. But I still don't know why, it has to be behind.

Now, I have a setup that works properly : MV Solar Arrays -> MFSU -> MV Transformer -> LV Transformer -> Energy Link and machines. With my Energy Link connected to a Quarry and a Refinery (and sometimes a Pump, when I find some oil). With this setup, I've got always more EU than I need, and I can make my machines work everytime I need.

In the future, I will upgrade my machines and delete the LV Transformer from my setup. In this way, my energy link will be able to drain 72EU/t, so I maybe will add a second Quarry or one Refinery. At maximum speeds, a Quarry drains ~25EU/t, a Refinery ~25EU/t ; and I don't know for a Pump, but it seems not to be much.

To get back to the first topic, if someone has the same issue, what I've learnt from you guys is that the Energy Link will try to drain 72EU/t, so if one wants to make some machines on the same circuit work, one has to limit the draining with a Batbox or a LV Transformer.

Thank you !