Multiple errors when launching modpack

Camisnoob

Question

I am running windows 8.1, using Java 7_79 (64bit). 
When I try to launch hexxit I get this issue http://pastebin.com/2KckEbvi

two things I noticed, " Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder" " I tried fixing this by going to the url in the specific link and pasting the  slf4j-simple.jar file into the mods section of hexxit but that hasn't solved the issue.  

I'm also getting the error "

1. [B#347]  Error occurred during initialization of VM
  2. [B#347]  Incompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specified

" I don't know if this is tied to the slf4j error or not.  There might be more problems that I'm missing.  Can someone explain how to prperly resolve these issues?
Thank you

2 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Camisnoob said:

I am running windows 8.1, using Java 7_79 (64bit). 
When I try to launch hexxit I get this issue http://pastebin.com/2KckEbvi

two things I noticed, " Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder" " I tried fixing this by going to the url in the specific link and pasting the  slf4j-simple.jar file into the mods section of hexxit but that hasn't solved the issue.  

I'm also getting the error "

1. [B#347]  Error occurred during initialization of VM
  2. [B#347]  Incompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specified

" I don't know if this is tied to the slf4j error or not.  There might be more problems that I'm missing.  Can someone explain how to prperly resolve these issues?
Thank you

I have done further research and now realize the slf4j error doesn't matter and that things should still work fine with that error.

The real issue is that my minimum and maximum heap size specifications are incompatible.  I have ensured that the version of java installed on my computer is the same one that technic uses, I checked this by clicking launcher options ->java settings -> 1.7.0_79 (64bit)   I also set memory to 2 and then 3 GB and this issue still persists.  Any further fixes?

From your Pastebin:

[B#347]  Error occurred during initialization of VM
[B#347]  Incompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specified

[B#347]  Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M

This is a very common problem. You have a Java environment setting, which causes any java processes to be limitted to (in your case) 512MB. Changing your RAM in the launcher is not going to do anything as the environment variable overrides the launcher settings. As it happened so often, one of the mods wrote a small script that clears these variables.

"Problem #2"

Please download this file, then RightClick->Run as Administrator.

This should clear Java Settings that are being stored in your OS, which interfere with Technic.

This script was written by the Moderator Khio, and can be trusted. http://iamtrue.net/clearJavaEnvVars.bat