Tekkit Tutorial - The MOST efficient nuclear reactor there is!

ThePartyPig

Nice video, but I do have a few things to note.

1: You're using EE. You might as well skip the reactor entirely and condense lava cells to be fed in Geothermal Generators.

2: Please use default texture pack when making tutorials as it makes things a thousand times easier.

Nice video, but I do have a few things to note.

1: You're using EE. You might as well skip the reactor entirely and condense lava cells to be fed in Geothermal Generators.

2: Please use default texture pack when making tutorials as it makes things a thousand times easier.

First of all, thanks for the response! I like it alot, and secondly, I have buildt the geothermal generators you are talking about, and in order to generate the same amount of power you need a huge amount of generators, 102 to be precise.

Therefore I normally chose to build the nuclear reactor.

I will change back to the normal texturepack for my next tutorial!

Not a bad video,but unfortunately it's neither the safest nor the most efficient reactor design available with Tekkit. Come back when you have a reactor which won't explode filled completely(6 chambers) with Uranium cells, which if it ever DOES explode, won't blow your stuff up.

Not a bad video,but unfortunately it's neither the safest nor the most efficient reactor design available with Tekkit. Come back when you have a reactor which won't explode filled completely(6 chambers) with Uranium cells, which if it ever DOES explode, won't blow your stuff up.

Hey! How does it get more safe then this? Theres a Thermal monitor that sets of at a low temperature, which stops the generator instantly. If you mean the surroundings of course I didnt cover the whole thing with reinforced stone. When It comes to efficiency, from my knowledges theres no way for a reactor to be completely full with uranium, run continously until the uranium depletes which is cooled using external cooling! But I really would enjoy seeing a version!

Hang on, I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

Edit:can't find it, probably because it was months ago.

I guess I'll have to explain it.

You need to use MFFS(forcefields). A reactor containment field can stop anything blowing through and nuking your stuff. Using 2 Reactor temperature controllers(or whatever they're called) set to cool, with an EE infinite supply of ice, and you can withstand a complete set of uranium cells.

wait, if it overheats and shuts itself down regularly..that wouldn't be very efficient would it?

Given that with EU over time it outputs due to shutdowns, can be matched with a lower ucell count?

And I agree, its using EE to do it, nothing seems impressive with the "I win button" boxes EE provides :)

wait, if it overheats and shuts itself down regularly..that wouldn't be very efficient would it?

Given that with EU over time it outputs due to shutdowns, can be matched with a lower ucell count?

And I agree, its using EE to do it, nothing seems impressive with the "I win button" boxes EE provides :)

The version I showed in the tutorial doesnt shut itself down, and I might give it a try using compressors and snowballs :) I will update you on how I proceed!

Ah misunderstood what you said, my mistake. thought you was saying it shutdown, but the temp gauge regulated it.

And for the EE thing, didnt mean anything as a 'common consensus' type thing. just my own biased view. Dont take it to heart.

Just me personally, I cant see anything that uses EE without going "Wow that is amazing work,wait,ohhhh....now I see it uses EE. nevermind I take that first part back"

Its like seeing an amazing build in minecraft, you being awestruck and ask "WOW, you mined, smelted, and crafted all this stuff by hand?" and they go "no no, I used creative mode". The awe factor drops by about 100 fold :P

Ah misunderstood what you said, my mistake. thought you was saying it shutdown, but the temp gauge regulated it.

And for the EE thing, didnt mean anything as a 'common consensus' type thing. just my own biased view. Dont take it to heart.

Just me personally, I cant see anything that uses EE without going "Wow that is amazing work,wait,ohhhh....now I see it uses EE. nevermind I take that first part back"

Its like seeing an amazing build in minecraft, you being awestruck and ask "WOW, you mined, smelted, and crafted all this stuff by hand?" and they go "no no, I used creative mode". The awe factor drops by about 100 fold :P

Yeah I do agree with you, It takes quite alot out of the game. When I play tekkit I try to use it as little as i can, and no, this is not me explaining myself;) But I do think the condensors are useful aswell as the flyingring and a few other things. I normally stop playing when I have got like 20 stacks of red matter, just sitting in my power flower as I dont have to do anything to get materials :S

Yea, we ran into the same thing.

we moved to tekkit, 90% of my users going "why you take out EE, thats LAME! put it back in!".

So I did, since they wanted it. And a week later, everyone had gold/diamond chests full of anything they would ever need. The challenge and excitement was gone, they slowly stopped logging in, they saw no point...because what fun is it to make things, if you dont feel 'accomplished' getting the stuff to do it.

So we took it back out, wiped the map, and they was happy again..lol