Space Tekkit will not launch

Travman245

Question

Greetings!

My friend and I have been wanting to play Space Tekkit together. However, there seems to be a problem on her computer (which runs Win7). We have installed Java 8 64-bit, Java 7 64-bit (and told the launcher to use it), tried reinstalling LegacyJavaFixer, and allocated 2GB of RAM. We also tried enabling the console to pinpoint the error, but we either found nothing of interest or simply did not know what to look for. We searched among many, many forum posts and reddit posts to see if anybody else has had this same error, but everything seemed to be things we had already done. I am completely stumped.

The launcher seems to go through a short download process every time she clicks the play button, ending with "checking for minecraft assets", and then "installing minecraft assets". After this, the launcher closes and then reopens immediately.

I apologize if this issue has been solved before, and I did not find the forum post to fix it.

Thank you all for your help!

-Travis

7 answers to this question

I am having the same issue. ive tried everything from installing different java versions, chaning ram allocated, reinstalling; both launcher and pack, and dumbing down the mods the pack is running. all served no help. hope to find a solution soon.

On 30-4-2016 at 4:02 PM, Travman245 said:

Greetings!

My friend and I have been wanting to play Space Tekkit together. However, there seems to be a problem on her computer (which runs Win7). We have installed Java 8 64-bit, Java 7 64-bit (and told the launcher to use it), tried reinstalling LegacyJavaFixer, and allocated 2GB of RAM. We also tried enabling the console to pinpoint the error, but we either found nothing of interest or simply did not know what to look for. We searched among many, many forum posts and reddit posts to see if anybody else has had this same error, but everything seemed to be things we had already done. I am completely stumped.

The launcher seems to go through a short download process every time she clicks the play button, ending with "checking for minecraft assets", and then "installing minecraft assets". After this, the launcher closes and then reopens immediately.

I apologize if this issue has been solved before, and I did not find the forum post to fix it.

Thank you all for your help!

-Travis

Launcher logs please.

30 minutes ago, Travman245 said:

I will get the logs as soon as possible and post them! They are on her computer, not mine.

Please upload the said logs to either www.pastebin.com (or paste.ubuntu.com if pastebin throws an file limit error)

You can find the logs in %AppData%\Roaming\.technic\logs. I need the latest logs with said error.