Installing wrong? Easy fix I think

NoobcrafterYT

Hey all,

Trying to create a modpack for my server. When I try to launch the modpack it launches vanilla and not forge. I know this is a common issue as I've seen it around quite a bit but haven't come across a definitive solution as one poster said there could be many reasons a modpack is launching vanilla and not forge.

Modpack (pixelmon noobs): https://www.dropbox.com/s/duh05yeo6m2zwxn/pixelmon-noobs.zip?dl=0 (yes I changed the dl=1)

UPDATE:

Ok so I decided to look at the modpack inside the technic folder.

It's installing my modpack just as a folder not the main, I have my mod pack selected in the screenshot.

If I copy over the bin, config and mods into the main modpack folder it works.

I did this and after it ran I then compressed the main modpack that I had just fixed and launched. I then uploaded it to DB and updated the link on the modpack on technic and I get the same thing yet again... 

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 4.14.51 PM.png

Edited by NoobcrafterYT
updated dropbox link Added screenshot

17 hours ago, NoobcrafterYT said:

Snip

Alright, where to start. First, yes, it is really quite an easy fix.

Second, lets start with the fixes.

• Your modpack is located in a subfolder. This does not work.
  • Your modpack contains WAY too many files, and an actual copy of your modpack. This increases your filesize by a lot.
  • Your modpack should only contain the following folders: "bin/mods/config/servers.dat" and you should zip those files only. Do not zip the folder they are in, because that will put the files in a sub folder.
  • Your bin folder should only contain the modpack jar file, all other files need to be removed.

3 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Alright, where to start. First, yes, it is really quite an easy fix.

Second, lets start with the fixes.

• Your modpack is located in a subfolder. This does not work.
  • Your modpack contains WAY too many files, and an actual copy of your modpack. This increases your filesize by a lot.
  • Your modpack should only contain the following folders: "bin/mods/config/servers.dat" and you should zip those files only. Do not zip the folder they are in, because that will put the files in a sub folder.
  • Your bin folder should only contain the modpack jar file, all other files need to be removed.

Thanks for the reply but I'm going to assume you didn't understand my post.

I'll back up to the beginning.

The modpack I created initially only had bin/config/mods. All were set up correctly. Bin contained Modpack.jar. Config contained the appropriate config files and mods contained the mods.

I zipped them and uploaded to dropbox. When I installed the modpack the previous picture I sent is what happened. so I just moved all the files and it then worked.

Are you saying the folder I created that contains the bin/config/mods shouldn't be zipped? Only the bin/config/mods folders?

8 hours ago, NoobcrafterYT said:

Snip

Hmm, very strange, did you change your files already? Because I'm sure I saw another file structure last post.

Now you just have to download your mods from legitimate sources, instead of the many mod repost sites out there, you'd be good to go.