Problem with tekkit community

warfar

Because of the Yogscast, Many many viewers have played Tekkit, and many of those viewers are "inexperienced" with modding and the modding community. On most videos of other "Modded Minecraft" series that is NOT Tekkit or Technic, there are some/many "young" Yogscast "viewers." These "viewers" can confuse any other mod/modpack as Tekkit. Because of this, this causes many arguments in the comment section of videos. I wish that the Tekkit staff can somehow inform other players that Tekkit is a modpack not to be confused with other mods or modpacks. This would save commentators the trouble of having many arguments.

They can just add a line that says "Tekkit is a modpack not to be confused with other mods or modpacks" on their launcher which would help.

If adding a line of text would help that audience it would be great. Sadly that demographic wont take the time to read it, and even if they do it wont stick. As someone who runs a youtube channel you can say something 10 times in a video and people will still ask you to repeat it.

Because of the Yogscast, Many many viewers have played Tekkit, and many of those viewers are "inexperienced" with modding and the modding community. On most videos of other "Modded Minecraft" series that is NOT Tekkit or Technic, there are some/many "young" Yogscast "viewers." These "viewers" can confuse any other mod/modpack as Tekkit. Because of this, this causes many arguments in the comment section of videos. I wish that the Tekkit staff can somehow inform other players that Tekkit is a modpack not to be confused with other mods or modpacks. This would save commentators the trouble of having many arguments.

That's not our problem, nor is it our fault. If you want to go tell a bunch of idiots on the internet they are wrong, be my guest.

[/

They can just add a line that says "Tekkit is a modpack not to be confused with other mods or modpacks" on their launcher which would help.

QUOTE]

To be honest, if they need something so obvious stated for them, I don't have much hope that this will help in anyway.

What's the point of saying "Technic is not to be confused with other modpacks"? That's like saying "Technic is Technic".

Wow, my head hurts. Anyhow, no. People shouldn't waste time catering to ignorant kids.

That's what you don't get... Many commentators have to waste time on this people.

That's what you don't get... Many commentators have to waste time on this people.

Trying to explain it to them would be pointless. Let the commentators themselves do it, or let the "younger audience" as you said figure it out themselves.