Ok so problem here...

Deep_Miner

Question

Ok before I start dont go noob bashing me about this but I recently seen Technic and got interested..

I seem to have a problem tho I downloaded the loader (TechnicLauncher-0.2) but it seems to crash the second it starts only thing I could manage to see before it crashed out was "Checking Launcher Version" am I perhaps missing something?..

16 answers to this question

Ok so you need to delete ever thing to do with minecraft.net and any tecnic or tekkit pack by using run program in your accessories folder then type this after this sentence.

%AppData%

Then delete minecraft. folder and tecnicpack. and or tekkit. folders

It wirked for me. then you will see it downloading 0/3 folders thats how know it's working.

I am having the same issue. When I run the jar it says it cannot be found by java.

There's a sticky called "common problems" that will help you with that issue.

Last I checked it didn't mention the fact that if you install java 7 over java 6 you'll need to edit the environment variable PATH to point to java 7.

Also, make sure you have the proper java for your OS. if you have a 64bit OS you need java 7 x64

There's a sticky called "common problems" that will help you with that issue.

Last I checked it didn't mention the fact that if you install java 7 over java 6 you'll need to edit the environment variable PATH to point to java 7.

Also, make sure you have the proper java for your OS. if you have a 64bit OS you need java 7 x64

I have attempted this fix already, I have tried a lot it may just not work on this laptop I have. It works fine on my desktop though.

I have attempted this fix already, I have tried a lot it may just not work on this laptop I have. It works fine on my desktop though.

Uninstall all instances of java. reinstall just java 7. You might need to delete the .techniclauncher folder as well and do a full reinstall.

These are the instructions on pointing it to the right place. It's possible you could have installed a 32bit java onto a 64 bit OS.

64 bit will default to c:\program files. 32 bit will default to c:\program files x86

steps to change your path variable.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Uninstall all instances of java. reinstall just java 7. You might need to delete the .techniclauncher folder as well and do a full reinstall.

These are the instructions on pointing it to the right place. It's possible you could have installed a 32bit java onto a 64 bit OS.

64 bit will default to c:\program files. 32 bit will default to c:\program files x86

steps to change your path variable.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

I have tried all conventional means of fixing it, otherwise I would not be asking for help....

I have tried all conventional means of fixing it, otherwise I would not be asking for help....

Clearly you haven't.

The launcher isn't some bizarre eldritch machine, utilizing a runtime founded on the souls of the damned, it's java. It works fine for the vast majority of the people who use it. If it isn't working, then there's something conventional that you AREN'T doing.

Telling us that you've "tried everything" is bullshit, and always false. The situation is simple: You have overlooked something, done something wrong, or have something interfering with the launcher. I'm surprised noone else has told you to use the bug report format yet, but do it. There's a reason we ask for information along with your problem.

P.S. This isn't just directed at you. There have been an influx of people recently who think they are computer guru's and therefore immune to stupid mistakes, demanding help.