Redpower covers + IC2 Cables?

jackguo380

I was thinking of a really simple mod to make it so that you could place covers on IC2 cables, thereby you could run electricity through your house unseen and not have to make it out of CF (A pain in the bum to use).

Thats about it...

Actually, not so simple. Red power covers (and other microblocks) are made using custom rendering, which is why mod blocks can't be made into microblocks. Get microblocks to interact with blocks froother mods becomes incredibly difficult because of this.

Also, this would require modifying the Red Power source code and distributing it. This is a no-no, and Eloraam has had every mod that uses her source code without permission taken down.

Actually, not so simple. Red power covers (and other microblocks) are made using custom rendering, which is why mod blocks can't be made into microblocks. Get microblocks to interact with blocks froother mods becomes incredibly difficult because of this.

Also, this would require modifying the Red Power source code and distributing it. This is a no-no, and Eloraam has had every mod that uses her source code without permission taken down.

Thank you for clarifying that, I don't actually have any skill at all in coding, and when it comes to it, I am essentially a idiot. But yes that might be a problem, Eloraam does have the right to not want it, but Redpower and IC2 have had a lot of interactions, which gave each mod different nice aspects, like Blutricity, and the IC2 wires that free float. I'm not sure though... If it cant happen then oh well...

I just remembered this from one of the wikis. industrial foam can go over wiring completely hiding it while gaining you access to it. If you just run cable under your floor, I believe it will still give power to anything you have above it. I have never actually done this so don't take my word for it but it should work. I think you can dye them as well.

I just remembered this from one of the wikis. industrial foam can go over wiring completely hiding it while gaining you access to it. If you just run cable under your floor, I believe it will still give power to anything you have above it. I have never actually done this so don't take my word for it but it should work. I think you can dye them as well.

Yea but did you read my main thread? CF is a pain to work with since it just goes everywhere... and covers can be made of nearly anything