Crazy Lag and mod select....

ErusPrime

Question

1) It lags like crazy.I've got 2GB of memory reserved for it and I still can't fight without dying from the lag.

2) I turned off a bunch of mods (like NEI) in modloader.cfg but it didn't change anything. The mod select button doesn't actually do anything for me. Is that just a future update kind of thing?

so the time i said it got rid of the lag was on my mac, i try to do the same thing on the pc and it didnt help. for the pc version im trying to take any other extra mods out to see if that helps , so far its not looking good, i have a good amount off and it hasnt changed, mac works still with just caruins and millinare off.

Thats interesting then. Obviously there's a lot in play that will make looking into this difficult, since everyone has different computers with different specs. Most of the official testers don't get these problems.

hello,

I have been having the same problem and I think it has to do with the launcher,

just the whole "spout" based thing is probably the problem :(

Hey i'm having the same problem too(the crazy lagg) , it makes the technic 6 unplayable for me. My computer is relatively new and top notch and i assigned 16gb to it, and put all my settings on low. It didn't help...

Here's my specs:

Window 7 Ultimate

Base Score: 5.7

Processor: Intel®Core Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53Ghz

Ram: 4gb

32 bit operating system.

I have java development kit and java virtual machine installed at version 6.30 , I've tried updating to 7 but i makes all minecraft applications not work.

Edit: Maybe it's also important to know my internet is dreadfully slow, and each time i want to install technic i have to leave it on for the night(<-- yeah that slow, dis is the middle kingdom man!) maybe the issue has something to do with that.

Edit2: I took the effort to screen the porblem in f3 mode. Note the regularity of the lag spikes, and how high they go. Also i allocaed 16gb but it says in the top right i only have 250, there is an issue with the allocation of memory perhaps?

Pic 1:

2012-02-11_093936.png

Pic2:

2012-02-11_094005-1.png

Hope this helps 8)

I'm sure you guys will find a workaround ;) , i'll see abotu disabling millenaire but that's one of my favourites :(

Well, I'm fine so far. Milleinare and matmos really sucks up ram if i'm not wrong, so you prolly should take those away if you dont really use/like them.

My pc is freaking garbage. Win 7 ultimate, dual core processor (2.1ghz or something), 2 gb of ram and a 128 intel onboard graphics card.

My game only lags if i move through chunks way too fast, or when generating new chunks.

I also am getting huge lag spikes. The menu is laggy to the point where it doesn't even register my mouse clicks half the time and in-game is even worse. I can move/look around for roughly 4 seconds before the lag takes over for the next 10. Walking around is totally out of the question, as that causes even more lag. I have no problems on a vanilla minecraft, and this problem has never occured on any other technic pack version. I have 2 gb of RAM allocated to it (using the options on the launcher) and millenaire disabled yet still there is lag.

My Specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.7GHz

RAM: 4.00GB (3.00 GB Usable)

Type: 32-bit Operating System

Windows Edtion: Windows 7 Professional SP1

Any help/suggestions would be great, I have been looking forward to Technic 6 forever.

@hindos: I see, that you have the same problem: Look at the right upper edge of your screen and you will see, that there is 246MB memory allocated....and 100% of it is used. Altough you have more RAM than 247MB^^. Anyways, as I repeat myself, I guess THIS is the problem, that somehow MC decreases its memory to a ridiculous low amount. Allocating more RAM via the Options in the Launcher menu didnt help for me. Please look, if your Vanilla MC has the same issue or does it run smoothly?

@everyoneelse: Please post some F3-Pics here too for comparison. Thx

Hi guys, im having the same problem. My normal minecraft runs great, (250 fps on average) but when I try to run Technic 6 it lag spikes me right into the ground. Ive messed around with the vid settings... no change. I'm so frusterated! I have the feeling that it might be the optifine mod, and you can't turn that off. >:( I cant even fight from this stupid lag. even the menus are laggy! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs: Windows Vista 32 bit, service pack 2, 2007

Intel prossesers, ethier dual or quad, not sure

Nvidia Gforce 630 drivers & graphics carsd

Hi guys, im having the same problem. My normal minecraft runs great, (250 fps on average) but when I try to run Technic 6 it lag spikes me right into the ground. Ive messed around with the vid settings... no change. I'm so frusterated! I have the feeling that it might be the optifine mod, and you can't turn that off. >:( I cant even fight from this stupid lag. even the menus are laggy! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs: Windows Vista 32 bit, service pack 2, 2007

Intel prossesers, ethier dual or quad, not sure

Nvidia Gforce 630 drivers & graphics carsd

First off. There IS a "no optifine" build. Way to look around first! Searching the forums will probably help you find how to access it (however it might just be easier to explore the launcher a little bit before coming in here to complain). Second off, what do you base your assumption on? Optifine has a lot of settings that can actually increase performance. Have you tried playing with your in game settings at all? Technic includes several very big and cpu heavy mods. Minecraft itself has always been a very inefficient and unoptimized game that can bring even gaming rigs to their knees. Skyrim on max runs better then minecraft on my computer. You think that adding on a heap of mods to it wont slow things down a little? Play around with your settings. All of them. It's never the same for everyone so change one thing and see if it helps, then change another, etc. I personally had luck going into options->video settings->other-> and turning "Load Far" on. Don't come in here and post angry faces and tell us to fix everything because it doesn't work well for you specifically, if you're not willing to put in a little work.

Hey i'm having the same problem too(the crazy lagg) , it makes the technic 6 unplayable for me. My computer is relatively new and top notch and i assigned 16gb to it, and put all my settings on low. It didn't help...

If you try to allocate more RAM than your machine has available, it defaults to 256MB.

Also, you shouldn't need to allocate more than 1 or 2 gigs for SSP. Overallocating can result in lag spike and other performance issues.

I was able to fix my lag.. I ran Folding at home and a few other things As well if you move it off of 1gb of ram its like its droping a zero so 8gb turns to 800mb

So run 1gb second *Check your BG apps Shift+Ctrl+Esc for task manager look at your processes if its 50+ processes Chances are thats your problem I am trying to isolate myself so i can tell what to avoid when I am recording fraps has its own part a little but on its own its fine. Can anyone confirm the memory allocation isn't set right?

To quote Cheap Shot, for all of you allocating more ram assuming it will help:

The more ram you allocate minecraft, the worse it runs. If you set it to 8GB, it will eventually use 8GB before it dumps all the garbage data. Then you can expect a good ol' HURRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG processor committing suicide.