modpacks wont load at all

soulfire__

Question

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Torezu said:

Update Java - you're using 8u60, and the latest is 8u161 or 162.  Also, make sure you have the 64-bit version.  Finally, don't tell Java to use quite so much memory.

Java version hasn't got anything to do with it. Person needs to use more RAM actually. There's an environment variable that limits Java processes to 256 MB.

6 minutes ago, JaariAtmc said:

Java version hasn't got anything to do with it. Person needs to use more RAM actually. There's an environment variable that limits Java processes to 256 MB.

" -Xms7168m -Xmx7168m"

That was in the log.

So how do they fix that with Java options?

37 minutes ago, JaariAtmc said:

Yeah, the env var overrides that. Have people download this file and have them run it.

I'm personally wary of downloading and running batch files without very thoroughly examining their contents.  I'd prefer if you directed people to instructions on how to clear the Java environment variables from within Windows, or if unable to find those, made and posted your own.  It's not that I don't trust you specifically; it's that I don't trust people to make smart decisions about running batch files.

3 hours ago, Torezu said:

I'm personally wary of downloading and running batch files without very thoroughly examining their contents.  I'd prefer if you directed people to instructions on how to clear the Java environment variables from within Windows, or if unable to find those, made and posted your own.  It's not that I don't trust you specifically; it's that I don't trust people to make smart decisions about running batch files.

Sure thing. Its the file distributed on the Discord server btw. People really should use the discord for these kinda issues anyways.

• Forum Administrators

For future reference. I own and maintain uskarian.net. The majority of the files and scripts hosted there are usually looked at and tested by other staff before they're used. I do provide alternative manual instructions for some things, but this isn't one of them.

Also these are the full instructions:

It seems you have Java settings that are being stored in your OS, which are interfering with the Technic launcher.

1.) Close the Technic launcher. Do not leave it running!

2.) Please download this file: http://download.uskarian.net/technic/clearJavaEnvVars.bat

You can view the source of this batch script if here: https://paste.lemonmc.com/py1zdgdqj (Only need if you want to verify nothing is dangerous)

3.) Right Click on the file you just downloaded

4.) Click on Run as Administrator

5.) Make sure the script ran successfully

6.) Press any key to close the script

7.) Start the launcher again.