Is it possible to play multiplayer with one account and two computers?

I was wondering if it was possible for me to play a technic modpack with multiplayer when I have the same account logged in on 2 different computers?I only bought the game once and don't want to buy the game again just so my little brother can play minecraft. He is basically 9 years old and no way can he buy the game (lol), I would buy it but like i said I don't want to waste money just to access multiplayer. I do have proof that I own a legit copy of minecraft java edition and am not using a pirate/cracked version of it (just in case no one believes i own the game)

I'd appreciate any help or just a simple answer saying this is possible and how or that this is not possible and why.

Another note is that when I tried doing a direct connect with my IP and the server's port it said "That name is already taken" 

Edited by iRequim
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Similar Content

• By Raptor_Guy
      Hey, I've played modpacks for years now, but I wanted to make my own (private) modpack to play with friends on. I uploaded my zip and everything, and open it up to test it. But when it loads, it doesn't load with forge, just vanilla minecraft. I've downloaded the forge universal jar and renamed it to "modpack.jar" (no ".jar.jar"). I uploaded the zipped file to dropbox, changed the ?dl=0 to ?dl=1 and everything I can think of. I've looked through numerous tutorials and forum posts and can't figure it out.
      Here's the pack: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/srgb-the-modpack-10.1738511
      And here's the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rebesfq16frpnou/SRGB - The Modpack 1.0.zip?dl=0
      It's probably something simple, but for the life of me I can't get it to work. Any help is very much appreciated.
    • By Tooddy
      Hi, so... long story short, my name on the main website is very outdated, now I go by Torpedo, and i haven't found any way to change that.
      How do I change my name at the main website?
    • By TheNick
      I've been having an issue with technic launcher as it won't launch anything, it will simply load then the program refreshes and nothing happens, minecraft by itself can launch just fine with no problems but technic won't for some reason, I've done just about everything including:
      1. Reinstalling Technic
      2. Reinstalling java (64 bit)
      3. Reinstalling Minecraft
      4. snooping around the files
      Technic also doesn't leave me with any error messages, it just flashes and goes back to pretending it never did anything in the first place
      please help
    • By ZakDank
      PLEASE NOTE:
      This pack is designed for one specific server which is why we provide no server files. Please do not attempt to replicate our server. Thank you.

MODPACK LINK - http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/wild-west-frontier.185231
      API (copy and paste this into technic launcher);
      http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/wild-west-frontier

Having Issues? Please look here: http://wildwest.retg.net/common-fixes/

Our Official Discord
      Climb aboard the modpack that throws you back to the days of the ol' west. We aim to provide an authentic yet fun experience to satisfy the desires of any western loving person.

Old Screenshots

Here you will find custom content, including new guns and artwork, a item based economy with a separate land deed system for towns. This server is full PvP so gang together to survive bandits or become bandits yourselves.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Community
      We take a very relaxed stance with players and generally allow most things as long as they are not derogatory to any player or the server (i.e. Racism, Abuse, Hacks, Exploits) so feel free to make yourself at home without fear. Our community has been around for over 3 years now and we have accomplished a lot in that time and we hope to continue with our accomplishments.
      We really do hope you enjoy your stay with us, no matter what the length.
      For more info about us, please check our site wildwest.retg.net

Standard community rules:
      1. No Hacking.
      2. No exploitation of bugs or glitches.
      3. No racism, religious speech or other idealism.
      4. Dont harass other players and community members.
      5. No spamming, advertising or excessive swearing/CAPS.
      6. Respect the staff - They are here for you.
      7. Do not abuse staff members, we are here to help and we try hard to keep a low ban rate.
      8. Have fun!

Wild West Frontier specific rules:
      9. Dont use /sethome or /back in others claimed territory or to reengage in PVP.
      10. Please try to make your town a town, we dont like seeing underground bases.
      11. Have your town be "raid"able. Have entrances(doors/gates/ect) to your town/houses.
      Just so people have a "chance" of getting a jump on you, or you forgetting to close it.
      12. Dont make any lagmachines/ pointless contraptions.
      13. Destroying/blocking roads (or near 3 blocks of one) are not allowed, and is harshly punished.
      And remember: An Admins word is final!

• By kepler68
      I've been looking into terrain control for my own antics, but i havent seen how blightfall is able to generate custom structures and NPCs with it. all i have seen is how to create the biomes and such. furthermore the terrain control folder in blightfall is empty
       does anyone know how they did it?