Any reasons for updating to 3.1.3?

grindst0ne

Seems to be a buggy pile of shit. Anything that it has going for it? I am serious here. Already changed NuclearControl, RC (even though elevator tracks are not working in 3.1.3 so I will probably have to switch back to the 3.1.2 RC anyway), IC2 so that the advanced machines are usable, NEI for IC2 is just not working, etc etc.

I know it's a development version. Don't get me wrong, I love tekkit and I love forge and mucho love to everyone true full blown hippie style BUT I'm talking about 3.1.3 here - it's just really buggy and I am wondering if it is worth updating. I take this as a 'no'.

Also lolling at your reference to development build when they said this would be the last build of tekkit using this version of MC. So uh, what exactly is the development part doing there?

I know it's a development version. Don't get me wrong, I love tekkit and I love forge and mucho love to everyone true full blown hippie style BUT I'm talking about 3.1.3 here - it's just really buggy and I am wondering if it is worth updating. I take this as a 'no'.

Also lolling at your reference to development build when they said this would be the last build of tekkit using this version of MC. So uh, what exactly is the development part doing there?

Development. As in 'in development'. As in, unfinished. Get bent.

E for clarity: If you aren't intelligent enough to know the difference, maybe you should stick with the recommended version.

E2: Also since you had the gall to remove the picture of such a HORRIBLY offensive bug (a missing chunk! Man, whatever were they thinking?), I think I should let people know.

Right.

1) I am talking about updating to 3.1.3. This implies I am using 3.1.2 on my server and am well aware of bugs. This does not take away the question of whether or not updating to 3.1.3 is worth it (I still don't know). If I am using 3.1.2 and can live with its limitations, and am hearing all about the 3.1.3 bugfest, why would I update? ..... I guess some people find it hard not to become offended when I call this new development release a pile of dung. Perhaps it should have been confined to a closed group of testers as these bugs should have been relatively easy to find.

2) A development version is supposed to 'develop' into something. If you go from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3, it assumes there is some kind of end goal where the recommended version will be equal to this development version plus fixes at some point. I don't see this happening as they have stated it will be the 'last version using this version of MC' hence why I posted this. Does this question my intelligence? No. Does it question yours? Perhaps. Who cares? I am not into dick measuring and neither should you be as you're not very good at it.

3) Yeah, I removed this picture as it was due to my texture pack, I solved it after posting. So what?

Right.

1) I am talking about updating to 3.1.3. This implies I am using 3.1.2 on my server and am well aware of bugs. This does not take away the question of whether or not updating to 3.1.3 is worth it (I still don't know). If I am using 3.1.2 and can live with its limitations, and am hearing all about the 3.1.3 bugfest, why would I update? ..... I guess some people find it hard not to become offended when I call this new development release a pile of dung. Perhaps it should have been confined to a closed group of testers as these bugs should have been relatively easy to find.

2) A development version is supposed to 'develop' into something. If you go from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3, it assumes there is some kind of end goal where the recommended version will be equal to this development version plus fixes at some point. I don't see this happening as they have stated it will be the 'last version using this version of MC' hence why I posted this. Does this question my intelligence? No. Does it question yours? Perhaps. Who cares? I am not into dick measuring and neither should you be as you're not very good at it.

3) Yeah, I removed this picture as it was due to my texture pack, I solved it after posting. So what?

You don't like bugs. Don't update to an unfinished version. Ta-da. Get out.

Umm, but I was already using an unfinished version and I am happy with it? Maybe you should 'get out' some more, learn not to feel so offended and frustrated.

Anyway, this implies 3.1.3 is more unfinished than that one, which is probably true. So far I don't see a reason to use this build. I am more than happy to help out with bugfixes but this seems too unstable for my server.

Hence my question before this thread got polluted: Any reasons to update in spite of this?

Short answer... No.

There's nothing major added/removed and none of the bugs which exist 3.1.2 are fixed in 3.1.3, so unless you just want the gimmick factor of being 3.1.3 there's no reason to update.

You're forgetting MELEE TURTLES. How can you forget about a turtle with a sword?!

Golly, a dev version has bugs? I sure am sorry massa, I'll be sure to tell those incompetent devs what you think of their DEVELOPMENT VERSION, and how terrible it is.

I don't normally defend people who refer to excellent work done by volunteers as "a buggy piece of shit", but he does have a point. If 3.1.3 is a dev build, then why is the server download link at the front page for 3.1.3?

You don't like bugs. Don't update to an unfinished version. Ta-da. Get out.

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/ Main Page. Server Page. 3.1.2 is listed under previous versions.

As someone who came back after the semester ended and updated my server to 3.1.3 because it's plastered everywhere as the most up to date build, with no inclination of being a dev build on the main site: Kindly take your unjustified attitude with you and get out yourself.

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/ Main Page. Server Page. 3.1.2 is listed under previous versions.

As someone who came back after the semester ended and updated my server to 3.1.3 because it's plastered everywhere as the most up to date build, with no inclination of being a dev build on the main site: Kindly take your unjustified attitude with you and get out yourself.

In order to log into a 3.1.3 server, you need to actually take the time to go into the options in the launcher, and set it specifically to either Manual builds, or Dev builds, both of which clearly stating that 3.1.3 is a development build. If you cannot figure it out from there, then I'm a little surprised you can figure out how to post. Or breathe for that matter.

Unless you are playing singleplayer or running a whitelisted server you're not gonna be running with computercraft enabled so melee turtles are of little interest to me and most server owners :P

My server is public and we've always had CC enabled. It's not such a big deal. It's a really fun mod to have. In fact, that's the mod that got me into Tekkit in the first place.

I'm pretty sure no version of Tekkit is going to be worth upgrading to until they get the 1.4.x build functional.

Also probably not til Eloraam fixes volcanoes too. I've tested RP2 PR6 and went and found the largest volcano in my seed and pumped it out in about 25 minutes, to find a nice single bucket of lava down at the bottom.

Effectively 3.1.2/1.2.5 is probably going to be the status quo for quite some time. Why they list the 3.1.3 version as the most up to date server version is puzzling. I'd probably list it as latest, then have 3.1.2 listed as "latest stable" (If you're willing to manually disable CC and EE2 that is).

Overall though no reason to get into a shit slinging fest about it. It is a somewhat confusing state of affairs for service administrators that aren't up to date with the state of the game. I'm aware of a MC host that recently updated all their clients to 3.1.3 because it was the "latest version", and you can imagine that didn't go over so well.