Would it be possible to make lamps turn on at night and off during the day?

Cabius

Would it be possible to make lamps turn on at night and off during the day? I have tried a light sensor but it is to sensitive, it detects moonlight and the lights stay on all the time. I have tried timers but since the night is shorter than the day that wont work either.

Would it be possible to make lamps turn on at night and off during the day? I have tried a light sensor but it is to sensitive, it detects moonlight and the lights stay on all the time. I have tried timers but since the night is shorter than the day that wont work either.

You could use an RS-NOR latch or a toggle latch to switch timers with every other iteration.

I used to get around this by using a solar panel as my detector.

Ran the panel to a bat box, ran the bat box to something which would keep a constant drain on it (the luminator used to work well). Then set the batbox to emit a redstone signal when empty.

That signal was then used to switch on all the lights.

I used to get around this by using a solar panel as my detector.

Ran the panel to a bat box, ran the bat box to something which would keep a constant drain on it (the luminator used to work well). Then set the batbox to emit a redstone signal when empty.

That signal was then used to switch on all the lights.

There is also a kind of cable that gives a redstone signal when there is current passing through it. So, you could use this to know whether the panel is outputting or not with more precision.

If you set a redpower sequencer to 300.00, it will sync to the world clock. One of each of the four outputs will be on at each different stage of the day.

1. Dawn-Noon, 2. Noon-Dusk, 3. Dusk-Midnight, 4. Midnight-Dawn

They should go in a clockwise order so all you have to do is hook up the dusk-midnight and midnight-dawn outputs to your lamps and it will turn them on.

P.S. Dawn is the point where monsters burn and dusk is when they spawn.