Will Tekkit Classic ever be updated?

IOn_Vash

I think that Tekkit lite is going to be the updated version, and Tekkit classic is staying on 1.2.5 forever. I may be wrong though.

EDIT: Seems like Tekkit Classic will also eventually get an update as well, but it'll have to wait until after BukkitForge is finally completed.

I think that Tekkit lite is going to be the updated version, and Tekkit classic is staying on 1.2.5 forever. I may be wrong though.

EDIT: Seems like Tekkit Classic will also eventually get an update as well, but it'll have to wait until after ForgeBukkit is finally completed.

Awesome thanks

EDIT: Seems like Tekkit Classic will also eventually get an update as well, but it'll have to wait until after ForgeBukkit is finally completed.

I just read that the ForgeBukkit project is dead. So does that mean it wont be updated?

Thanks! I don't know why I couldn't find those anywhere. Google... WHY? :0

Anyways.. This definitely means that they will no longer upgrade. If I was you, I would try to keep technic classic going for as long

as possible, and wait to plugins get ported to forge.

I wish I understood what ForgeBukkit and all the associated terms actually were... is there anywhere to read up on how all these items/mods/systems work in relation to Minecraft/Tekkit?

Everyone always seems to be blaming someone else for something not working or for not playing nice.

• Forum Administrators

There are several new projects bringing Bukkit to Forge. The most promising one being BukkitForge. Just because ForgeBukkit is dead doesn't mean all the other projects are.

• Forum Administrators

That's also true. Wouldn't it take a while to get all the mods working with a new project though?

No. The beauty of BukkitForge is its the opposite of ForgeBukkit. ForgeBukkit implemented Forge INTO Bukkit which required mods to be ported over. BukkitForge implements Bukkit into Forge. This means no porting of mods.

No. The beauty of BukkitForge is its the opposite of ForgeBukkit. ForgeBukkit implemented Forge INTO Bukkit which required mods to be ported over. BukkitForge implements Bukkit into Forge. This means no porting of mods.

wow, now i understand it, nice! :)

• 5 weeks later...

I never really got an actual answer to this yet.

You got an answer in the first reply. The correct one, afaik. We're waiting for a version of Bukkit which works with Forge, or at least one stable enough for general purpose use.

You got an answer in the first reply. The correct one, afaik. We're waiting for a version of Bukkit which works with Forge, or at least one stable enough for general purpose use.

But there are lots of Tekkit Lite servers currently using Bukkit, so its working but still no actual confirmation if Tekkit Classic will be updated or not.

Would someone that is staff care to answer this?

• 2 weeks later...