To the stars (TEKKIT EXPANSION IDEA)

Mattuiop

This has been going through my head for a while now, but I have come up with an expansion to Tekkit that would change minecraft FOREVER.

Summery of ideas:

Collect "Stardust" from Cauldrons placed above the clouds at night.

"Stardust" is used with a book to craft "To the Stars - The essential guild to journey across the Galaxy". This book will take you everything you will need to know in this expansion.

Integrate what you can already learnt in Tekkit to create cutting edge technology. (plus 4 seated cars, telescopes and gas compressors)

Build a spacesuit that can have many attachments that improve different abilities. (eg. jetpack, life-support, shock absorbers, adjustable colours etc.)

You build a rocket with the full works (Afterburners, Air Lock, Gas compresson etc.)

You literally launch it into space

You build space stations in the dimension "Sol E" (E stands for in orbit of earth). You can mobilize yourself around this dimension if your ship is fit for transportation.

You direct yourself to go to the moon. (costs fuel)

Mine stuff, build bases, and discover a more powerful and efficient fuel.

Go to Mars, mine even more and set up "terraformation domes".

Go to "Sol S" to go Saturn and Titan to find even more ores. (S means in obit around Saturn)

Craft and set up a "Warp Drive"

Explore Many other systems in the milky way. (8 star systems including Sol. The remaining systems will only need 1 space dimension each due to their size.)

32 dimensions including the current 3. Equivalent exchange only works on earth (plus extreme endgame items)

Some planets explain where the end, nether, and aether are placed.

Eventually create super powerful weaponry that can burn marks on planets.

Maybe meet an alien race. Your choices can affect how they respond to you (eg. invasion on earth or alliance to new technology)

Have multiplayer fun with your friends with big space battles!

This "To the Stars" book will have the following chapters/layout:

-1-Introduction - Content-Minecraft-Tekkit-Earth Extras-Mission

-2-Rocket Science - Setup-Fuel-Materials-Construction-Saftey

-3-Aerospace - Adapt-Spacestation-Safety

-4-Fly Me To The Moon - Fuel-Landing-Creating Bases-Lift off

-5-The Red Planet - Fuel-Landing-Gases-Life-Construction

-6-To The Stars - Sol-Slipspace-Systems-Explore And Good Luck!

So, what do you guys think?

I will be expanding this thread via an FAQ section on this topic to all the posts.

I will answer as many questions as possible since I haven't explained all of my ideas yet.

Discuss!

FAQs:

So you want someone to make you a mod? And you're... offering no reward of any kind, for what sounds like a huge undertaking? - Niavmai

The general meaning of this thread is to discuss an idea with the community to see if it will work. I have not thought of any further credit ideas. And yes, it's a very big challenge to undertake. I wish to work with mod experts who agree with the idea and are capable of technically creating it. So if there are anyone who is interested in this project and have had past experiences with mods. Feel free to help me make this idea a reality!

I've seen many ambitious mod ideas, but this...

Long story short, you have more chances to see this becoming a reality if you start off simple (Create a new dimension that is the orbit, for example), and then you add more complicated stuff gradually. And also, the odds of an experimented modder just picking up YOUR idea and making YOUR idea a reality are between 0 and... Minus 1. If a modder is good enough to make this, he'll just go ahead and make his own dream-mod. You'll have better chances if you start learning code by yourself, and make the mod by yourself. - Xylord

This is good advice. And I agree with your statement. If anyone does agree with these ambitious mod ideas, they should be put towards the people behind Tekkit if no one can do it. I would admit, I need to get my current school stuff done this year before I could undertake learning javascript. By then, it might be too late and everyone would have left minecraft. I feel this mod is links in well with the Tekkit resources. If anyone DOES know a good, active minecraft modder along this community let me know!

So you want someone to make you a mod? And you're... offering no reward of any kind, for what sounds like a huge undertaking?

The general meaning of this thread is to discuss an idea with the community to see if it will work. I have not thought of any further credit ideas. And yes, it's a very big challenge to undertake. I wish to work with mod experts who agree with the idea and are capable of technically creating it. So if there are anyone who is interested in this project and have had past experiences with mods. Feel free to help me make this idea a reality!

Long story short, you have more chances to see this becoming a reality if you start off simple (Create a new dimension that is the orbit, for example), and then you add more complicated stuff gradually. And also, the odds of an experimented modder just picking up YOUR idea and making YOUR idea a reality are between 0 and... Minus 1. If a modder is good enough to make this, he'll just go ahead and make his own dream-mod. You'll have better chances if you start learning code by yourself, and make the mod by yourself.

Long story short, you have more chances to see this becoming a reality if you start off simple (Create a new dimension that is the orbit, for example), and then you add more complicated stuff gradually. And also, the odds of an experimented modder just picking up YOUR idea and making YOUR idea a reality are between 0 and... Minus 1. If a modder is good enough to make this, he'll just go ahead and make his own dream-mod. You'll have better chances if you start learning code by yourself, and make the mod by yourself.

This is good advice. And I agree with your statement. If anyone does agree with these ambitious mod ideas, they should be put towards the people behind Tekkit if no one can do it. I would admit, I need to get my current school stuff done this year before I could undertake learning javascript. By then, it might be too late and everyone would have left minecraft. I feel this mod is links in well with the Tekkit resources. If anyone DOES know a good, active minecraft modder along this community let me know!

This sounds like one of the coolest mods I've ever heard of, but I'm afraid I personally have nothing to offer. I can't code (yet) but this sounds cool. Maybe I could ask my friend, he told me he was learning java a while ago, but I dunno. Good luck. I hope this becomes real SOMETIME...

You must indeed start simple. I know a little bit about modding and I learned that adding extra dimensions is really easy. If you keep it simple at first. Like an item that teleports you to another dimention could be the backbone and then slowly you develop the mod somewhat further: more complex.

The idea is a little too ambitious but it's awesome

Reminds me of RockPaperShotgun's coverage of TheUniverseProject.

For a variety of reasons, no one will make this mod for you. But if you feel passionately about it, you ought to make it yourself, put in the time to learn the tools and follow through on the development process. Open-source it, say on GitHub, or otherwise participate in a development community and you may attract collaborators with similar interest and passion.

This sounds like one of the coolest mods I've ever heard of, but I'm afraid I personally have nothing to offer. I can't code (yet) but this sounds cool. Maybe I could ask my friend, he told me he was learning java a while ago, but I dunno. Good luck. I hope this becomes real SOMETIME...

Do what you can man! I want this idea to be heard! :)

Reading further in, your idea seems like it would be more of its own game than a minecraft mod. If done well, it could make for a fairly good game though.

The main idea is that it builds from the tekkit resources and gives players an extra thing to do with their overkill technology in their servers and saves. etc. it's still minecraft, but the same sense of progressive discovery brought to a much bigger level!

You must indeed start simple. I know a little bit about modding and I learned that adding extra dimensions is really easy. If you keep it simple at first. Like an item that teleports you to another dimention could be the backbone and then slowly you develop the mod somewhat further: more complex.

The idea is a little too ambitious but it's awesome

Cheers. Actually, the main idea is brought from having a rocket being blasted into space (literally). You have to physically sustain it via regulating air and creating airlocks and gas pipes etc. Would work the same way as garry's mod's mod "life-support" does but having air and gases treated as a flowing object in space like water and lava.

Cheers. Actually, the main idea is brought from having a rocket being blasted into space (literally). You have to physically sustain it via regulating air and creating airlocks and gas pipes etc. Would work the same way as garry's mod's mod "life-support" does but having air and gases treated as a flowing object in space like water and lava.

Those three sentences probably contain months of programming. Anyway, don't forget to use the reply button when you want to quote multiple people, and the edit function to avoid multi-posts as much as possible.

• 1 month later...

Figured ownership of a thread didn't matter.

My bad, and apologies to Mattuiop.

EDIT: More than that, I mixed up the rules from several different forums, in thinking thread necromancy is a big no-no.

I have promptly re-educated myself.

Figured ownership of a thread didn't matter.

My bad, and apologies to Mattuiop.

EDIT: More than that, I mixed up the rules from several different forums, in thinking thread necromancy is a big no-no.

I have promptly re-educated myself.

It doesn't necessarily matter, and I could understand the mixup. That's one of the reasons you didn't get a warning. Necromancy's only bad if it's been a really long time (3 months plus, in my book), or it's off topic.