Dynamic web map?

RubberSideUp

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1543523-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft/ - not sure about the 3GB statement, as I do all my testing with -Xmx1024M (1GB heap). I haven't specifically tested the Forge version on Tekkit Lite, but I do intend to add it to my test matrix. In any case, I do strongly recommend the latest alpha (1.4-alpha-3), as there have been a number of Forge-specific performance fixes added since the latest stable (1.3).

• 3 weeks later...

I have been running a Tekkit Classic server with multiple worlds for some time with no problems. I recently took that server down and started a Tekkit Lite server on the same machine for testing purposes. With the Forge version of Dynmap installed the server lags to a halt whenever I enter any area that does not already have a map portion generated. If I enter the fullrender command, even for just the flat 2d map, it starts out normal then the render time begins to increase exponentially. So I would say the Forge version of Dynmap (at least for Tekkit Lite servers) does in face use quite a bit more RAM or something else is going on because I had to uninstall the plugin to make my server usable.

The MCPC+ option is the only one I have successfully gotten to work with my Tekkit Lite server. I would really love to avoid having to go this route just so I can have a more "pure" solution, but the Forge version of the map is definitely not working as intended with Tekkit Lite.

I almost didnt click this gem, but I thought how the OP could not find dynmap while looking for "dynamic web map", so I clicked to see if it was a troll (No offense Op, when I strated the server stuff I didnt hear of it for a while either)

Anyhow, I put up a tekkit lite server with a gig of ram, no players yet, and ram usage says 100% on the web based control panel, dunno how accurate that is, but I will be looking into this over the weekend.

I have been stumped on the ram usage shooting up, as the map has little more than the spawn area generated cause I havent gone to far. I dont know 100% it happened after dynmap, but its a good tip, thanks!

mcpc is going on this weekend, so Ill play around with that.

Thanks again, server ops need a general warning about this if it turns out to be the case, most people will never click this thread though....