NEW UPDATE 1.0.8 RUINS SERVERS> DONT UPDATE

ServUHard

Many things are wrong with this update. Not quite sure why its still not a dev build.

1 It replaces all uranium ores in already loaded chunks to radioactive material. If this is its intent i can tell you everyone is bitching. Everyone is dying at there homes and its totally unappreciated as now it seems you must mine with a haz-mat suit in order to survive.

Also most of the new items do not work with electricity as you would expect seeing that voltz was intended to have uniform electricity. All forcefields WONT WORK.

All heat generators are glitched and interacting with them will log you off (internal server error)

Coal generators generate a new meta tag when broken. and are not compatiable with the recipies that require coal generators.

This is all i could find in the first 10 minutes of the update.

If you like your players. dont update.

Oh they did fix the dup bug but really messed up alot. haha figures.

Also i tested a few things out in single player. Loading chunks now makes my single player completely stall where i NEVER had a problem loading chunks before.

This is prob why every volts server i play on now is down.

Cheers to a well tested update.

Is this a glitch? Because I was Mining and then ate a few cookies to get rid of some of the hunger and then i got hurt and nothing was hitting me so i looked into my invent and i had one block of that freaky Radioactive Material and then grabbed the Haz-mat Suit and got no more hits from radiation. Honestly i looked it up on the wiki but it wasn't there so i googled it and found this site. What has been said really freaked me out in the fact that this has gone haywire.

In addition to the mix-up with uranium ore and radioactive material, I can confirm the error with coal generators. Breaking one will drop the item with data about where it's facing, and you can't use those in recipes. To get back the original item that you can (3974), you have to place the generator facing North, then break it.

I can also confirm that heat generators from earlier worlds are invisible, and interacting with them crashes the client. The same goes for advanced solar generators and regular solars too. One can still break them to remove the machine - which crashes the client - but there's nothing dropped then.

Curiously, I can't seem to place advanced solar generators anywhere.

However, force fields worked for me (the MFFS extractor does use UE power when it's switched on) and so did powered armor.

All in all, though, I have to agree that it's better that server owners with existing worlds don't update to 1.0.8 until the bugs get fixed.

Just try'n to help Server owners. Never expect it to be 100% Love the game and praise you Devs that work on it to make it so cool!

Another thing i noticed and maybe its just my setup, maybe someone can confirm this.

My MFFS Extractor works ALOT slower now and cant keep up with even the smallest forcefield.

I wired ( with insulated copper wire) about 16 Heat gens to a bat box. then ran the bat box to the MFFS Extractor.

Ive tested this in single player with different wires on creative and had no difference in energy transfer.

Ive alst tested this using 7 MFFS Extracters to one MFFS Cap but the lag was so bad when i would turn on the Projector that it wasnt worth trying again.

Before, i was able to have a 30 length cube (with distance upgrades) on and stable with a bout 28 heat gens.

Now it cant process forcicium fast enough with only 14 gens.

The problem lies in the upgrades, i think. When you add them the power bar that goes to 100% (the blue one) as it eats the forcicium, "Updates" faster, but it doesn't actually take any time of the extraction process.

Ill explain that. With out upgrades in the extractor the blue bar jumps about 5 or 6%'s per update/tick/render.

and With upgrades it updates about every 1% per update/tick/render.

So the only thing the upgrades do for me is make a smooth extraction %age bar.

right now i have only 14 heat gens (after the update) and when hooked to the MFFS Extractor through a Batery Box there is still energy left over to charge the BatteryBox. The extractor just wont use energy faster like it did before.

This is different now because it takes between 14 seconds and 18 seconds (with and with out extractor upgrades) to use only one cycle of the 250 or so of each forcicium.

Previously it would chew through the forcicum at about a rate 3 to 4 forcicium cycles per second with 19 upgrades.

Is ANYONE having this problem?

was there a update in to how we are to wire them?

At this rate it will take hours to fill the MFFS Cap but only take a few minutes to blow through the energy saved when the forcefield is activated.

@ cammygames: no worries, mistakes do happen. In my opinion, the only problem here was that serious errors showed up in a recommended build, not a development one. But I see that a new dev build is already out, so kudos on being quick to fix things!

Unfortunately, the uranium ore bug is still present, and so are the heat / solar / adv. solar errors.

this happened because we had to update the configs as somebroke between the last update and voltz is still in its beta phases so dont expect it to be 100% stabel

well you should at least offer a script to look though chunks for the old uriaum id and replace it with the new one so as to not fuck over server owners

Also why you should always keep backups of the server. I do backups every 3 hours and keep a few days worth of backups.

I installed the update and immediately noticed the uranium->radioactive material issue. I just went to the backup I made before I shut the server down and everything was fine.

oh i have back ups 2 just perfer the new update people seem fine

Also why you should always keep backups of the server. I do backups every 3 hours and keep a few days worth of backups.

I installed the update and immediately noticed the uranium->radioactive material issue. I just went to the backup I made before I shut the server down and everything was fine.

oh i have back ups 2 just perfer the new update people seem fine