Server high Memory usage and lag on localhost.

Me and a friend have our server in dropbox, and we alternate with running it. But since Tekkit 0.5.2 my friends gets heavy lag if he's hosting and playing it on his pc.

It works fine when I run it and he connects to me.

He has an i7 with 16Gb ram and GTX560

I have an i7 with 12Gb ram and GTX480

On both our systems the server will use between 2-3GB ram. Sometimes it peaks to 4.

When I ran JProfiler on the server it showed that computercraft seems to be using a lot even though we have never used that mod.

And we don't even have any factory up yet either.

Wondering if anyone know how to fix this. Or how to disable computercraft.

I've tried deleting the computercraft zip and the computercraft, and turtle config. but then the server starts complaining about loading turtles.

Screenshot of JProfiler: http://imgur.com/Jt0tBPM

I have the same problem. Let me guess, you used MCEDIT to import structures from your old tekkit server. MCEDIT is not fully compatible yet with Tekkit Lite and will

replace certain ores with Turtle's in the area where you imported your structure. Whenever i go near my imported building i get a FPS drop.

You or your friend did it.

I mined the computers.

I have the same problem. Let me guess, you used MCEDIT to import structures from your old tekkit server. MCEDIT is not fully compatible yet with Tekkit Lite and will

replace certain ores with Turtle's in the area where you imported your structure. Whenever i go near my imported building i get a FPS drop.

I did use MCEDIT in that area to remove 2 dimensional anchors.

Thanks for the help guys.

Just so you know, my husband an I encountered the exact same problem on our small server. I had tried a few days ago to put down a builder block, which caused the server to crash completely. I removed it using MCEdit, and I only deleted that single block. Next thing we know, the server is lagging like crazy, and when we mined a little bit underneath the area where the builder block HAD been, we found that there were hundreds of mining turtles lined up underground that had never been placed there before.

After trying a few different things, we came up with an easy fix: Remove the ComputerCraft mod from the mod folder of your server files. Restart your server without the mod. This should eliminate all of the turtles. Close your server, put the ComputerCraft folder back into your mods folder, and start your server again. Voila! No more turtles, no more lag. Also, no more MCEdit. What a pain.

TL;DR: This guy isn't crazy, MCEdit really can put random mining turtles in your Tekkit world.