FFS TEKKIT FOR WINDOWS UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE TO MINECRAFT.NET (Not Using Mac)

RyanTheLion

Ok ive had a problem for 2 days now and It seems that when ever try login into tekkit lite my tekkit says Unable to connect to minecraft.net...Ok So if this problem dosent stop then tekkit lite might have to stop and technic will have to shut down until they fix the problem

PLEASE HELP ME!

So if this problem dosent stop then tekkit lite might have to stop and technic will have to shut down until they fix the problem!

What are you spewing out of your mouth? Anyway, have you used the launcher before? Do you have a legitimate account? Check your internet? Give us more freaking information?

might want to double check your username and password or firewall settings or anything that might be blocking you from connecting to the Minecraft servers.

And yelling at the Technic team isn't the way to go. It's a problem on your end. Either with your setup/software or your minecraft account.

Also, this isn't even posted in the right place. This has nothing to do with Tekkit Lite, you're having an "issue" with the launcher. I use the term "issue" loosely... Probably should post in the correct forum next time.

technic will have to shut down until they fix the problem

oh you're right, didn't yell at the Technic team at all... my bad...

and yes, it's a problem on your end. Have you tried anything so far? Can you log in to normal minecraft or log in on the website? Did you try connecting through the technic launcher with your AV disabled? Make a firewall exception?

What version of the launcher are you using? What OS? What Java version? All helpful information. Which you would have provided if you posted in the correct thread to begin with...

This sounds what we in the tech support industry refer to as an ID:10-T error.

You want to look for anything that would block IP connectivity such as the windows firewall or and AntiVirus firewall you may have.

The problem is something on your computer. Don't belive me? Trying typing "ping minecraft.net" into a command prompt window.

This sounds what we in the tech support industry refer to as an ID:10-T error.

You want to look for anything that would block IP connectivity such as the windows firewall or and AntiVirus firewall you may have.

The problem is something on your computer. Don't belive me? Trying typing "ping minecraft.net" into a command prompt window.

chances are "ping minecraft.net" will work normally, for the same reason his vanilla launcher works without a hitch. if I had to guess, java updated and whatever rules his firewall had in regards to it are now no longer applying because it thinks it is a different program. thus the "it worked before, now it doesn't" situation. yet another example of why personal firewalls are a terrible idea if you don't know what they are or how to use one. turn off your firewall/anti-virus OP.

nowhere in his posts does he say the vanilla launcher works

you're right, I saw where he said he could connect to minecraft.net fine and confused that with the vanilla launcher. however, the ping would still work because ping won't be blocked by the firewall. doesn't change the outcome or my guess as to what's happening.

• 6 months later...