Objects rotating in 0.5.6 i.e. panels, machines, etc

romeo mont

When placing an IC2 item, not the initial texture rotation. It gets placed facing downwards, then flips itself correctly.

Upon relog, it is the same direction as initial placement (before it flips upright).

Serverside everything is fine, pipes etc work from the "correct" sides based on the server, but the client texture is facing downwards.

I have he same problem on my server. We updated Tekkit from 0.5.2 to 0.5.7 and now when i relog (or a chunk gets reloaded) all the machineblocks are rotated on the side.

Does someone have a fix for this? I've searched on google on this topic and there was a simular problem in august 2012. It was a conflict between the IC2 mod and the multiworld plugin or something... Maybe this can help to fix the problem?

(Source: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/3-0-3-3-0-4-machine-block-orientation-in-tekkit-3-0-3.11086/page-2)

Thanks!

This definatley worked uprighted all my solar panels and centered all the machines. Thanks ststeppat!!!

(For SERVER) all clients and server MUST download the same ic2.jar and install it manually by going into

%appdata%/.techniclauncher/tekkitlite/mods

remove the original IC2.jar and replace it with the new build.

Maybe tekkitlite will just release an update but i doubt it so have fun...

This definatley worked uprighted all my solar panels and centered all the machines. Thanks ststeppat!!!

(For SERVER) all clients and server MUST download the same ic2.jar and install it manually by going into

%appdata%/.techniclauncher/tekkitlite/mods

remove the original IC2.jar and replace it with the new build.

Maybe tekkitlite will just release an update but i doubt it so have fun...

Alternatively you could use that nifty new custom zip feature. http://www.technicpack.net/custom-zip-build-your-own-private-modpacks/

• 1 month later...

When placing an IC2 item, not the initial texture rotation. It gets placed facing downwards, then flips itself correctly.

Upon relog, it is the same direction as initial placement (before it flips upright).

Serverside everything is fine, pipes etc work from the "correct" sides based on the server, but the client texture is facing downwards.

Not for me. I had this thought, so I put a full lap-pack (spawned to test) in the backmost MFSU that goes into the fowardmost, but it charged. (Both MFSU's were empty on start.)

Basically:

O > I > U

O = The MFSU I put the lappack in.

> = Direction it WAS facing.

I = An MFSU in the middle.

U = The MFSU that was nearly empty, but SHOULD have filled instead of O.

So it seems this isn't clientside. (Though I'm on recommended build on a private server, not dev build.)