Thaumcraft 3

LunarDragon

Please install it yourself until it gets added to the main pack. Thaumcraft 3 is the most amazing mod I have ever played, and has topped my best mods list above Redpower 2.

I decided to start a single player world in Tekkit Lite, and I added Forestry, Extra Bees, Thaumcraft 3, and Thaumic Bees. Looking over the changelog for TC3, I saw that they added in the Arcane Bore. <3

I decided to start a single player world in Tekkit Lite, and I added Forestry, Extra Bees, Thaumcraft 3, and Thaumic Bees. Looking over the changelog for TC3, I saw that they added in the Arcane Bore. <3

Yup, I just got a potency 3, treasure 3, charging 1 wand for it too. Gonna go diamond mining now. As for forestry, I've never been really into it. I played it a little before he threw his tantrum, and a little bit after by adding it manually. I've always had more fun setting up farms with other mods, and with the new, adorable, straw golems, I don't ever think I'll need a forestry wheat farm.

I've been following some of Floristar's videos, and some of the non-farm aspects do seem a little interesting, so I'll probably give it a try when I have a surplus of resources.

I have researched golems before, but never got around to using them. Are they really as good as everyone says they are?

You could "probably" do things more efficiently with tubes and pipes, but having a bunch of little minions running around, sorting items, throwing items into a fire demon to munch on (smelt), as well as collecting wheat and delivering it to a feed station for my cows is just so amazingly awesome and adorable to watch. I also have a wooden golem in my chicken coop collecting the eggs and putting it in a dispenser to hatch more baby chickens.

When you're planning out your golems, remember that golems are one block high, and thus can go through little "golem holes" to make them like the little coal spiders from spirited away. Golems can also open and close trap doors and fence gates. I have a golem bringing in potatoes from outside, and a fence gate in my wall that he can pass through, but other mobs can't.

Thaumcraft introduces the kind of fun, and fantastical magic akin to spirited away, and howl's moving castle. It has much less serious, hardcore battle magic which I actually really like about this mod.

• 1 month later...

No, there is nothing cooler than golems. They are not the most efficient at farming wheat, over time spots will become unseeded. The stone golems just replace transport pipes, not that great. Wood golems are pure awesome. Iron golems from tc3 though, those are incredible. A smart iron golem can kill pretty much any mob but an enderman, and if you give him upgrade accessories he can even pull that off. TC3 golems are incredible.

My little harvest/collection duo are between some wheat and sugarcane and keep it harvested/gathered. (They had no problem also harvesting potatoes carrots and flax, but the little guy didn't replant the flax for some reason. And they still ignore xycraft corn completly)

I also have a collector golem/chest in my very populated chicken pen and the little guy is constantly running around picking up eggs. I'm suspecting a collector under a drop mobtrap would do his best to keep up with mob drops.

Also the farmable renewables are great for TC3 research material/essences. Seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin, potatoes/poison potatoes, mushrooms, netherwart, greatwood, sugarcane, eggs, rubber, mossy cobble,... all are good sources for essences for research and building stuff. (I'm also planning for a tier 5 witch spawner for unlimited redstone/glowstone/bottles, as I go through a lot of those essences as well)

[edit] I just noticed that the straw golem that was harvesting but not replanting the flax field had the perceptive core, instead of the smart core. They need the smart core for replanting skill.

On the smart straw golems, they will only replant if the pant drops a seed or an adjacent plant drops a seed. Since wheat can drop between 0-3 seeds(iirc) then eventually the whole zone will become unseeded, although that will take a long time.

I left a trio of golems to maintain my cow feeder/breeder while I went caving, and came back to ...

20130325154909.png

I also ended up stoping my 8x8 netherwart farm after the golems filled a gold chest.

Now I want a lumberjack golem.

Which texture pack do the numbers come from? Or is that a mod?

I was wondering the exact same thing. Have you found anything out?

yeah its very easy im sorry i ddint see this!

you will need to just download it and install it into the tekkitlite mod folder and everyone else will have to download the mod itself :(

No, it isn't possible, Azanor is such an incredible modder that he makes the impossible, possible.

Serious response, I imagine the code to insert modded stuff into already generated chunks is not simple or easy, and as far as I am aware, Azanor is the only one who has added such functionality to his mod.

No, it isn't possible, Azanor is such an incredible modder that he makes the impossible, possible.

Serious response, I imagine the code to insert modded stuff into already generated chunks is not simple or easy, and as far as I am aware, Azanor is the only one who has added such functionality to his mod.

Of course, others could just rip that code out of his mod to put it into their own if they wanted to.